Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix of You Are The One
What do you think ?

.mp3    Street noisse -You are the one.mp3 --  (Download: 16.45 MB)

Love this tune. The lyrics are a nice addition but I hope everyone understands that this is all about "Me and my guitar".

Nice ambience up front. Really works for this tune and you've managed to get the delays timed to keep the energy from building up and just creating a cacaphony of sounds.

Could probably use a little volume bump on that hit before the lyrics start.

I also seem to remember a piano here which I'm not really hearing. It's there but maybe a bit too far into the background, perhaps. It's not the melody to be sure but it does contribute. Maybe trade a bit of the congas for that piano?

Once the rest of the song starts, it sounds a little closed in though. Like your monitors are too bright and you've tamped down some of the high end. Either that or you maybe ran this through a brick wall limiter and that was the outcome because it was triggering on all the highs and bringing up the lows and throwing your balance way off... ?

Otherwise, this is a very nice mix. I like what I hear....
Old West Audio
Thanx for opinion

Want to rest from song and I will take another closer look .

Thx
(19-10-2015, 02:04 AM)azwayne Wrote: Love this tune. The lyrics are a nice addition but I hope everyone understands that this is all about "Me and my guitar".

Nice ambience up front. Really works for this tune and you've managed to get the delays timed to keep the energy from building up and just creating a cacaphony of sounds.

Could probably use a little volume bump on that hit before the lyrics start.

I also seem to remember a piano here which I'm not really hearing. It's there but maybe a bit too far into the background, perhaps. It's not the melody to be sure but it does contribute. Maybe trade a bit of the congas for that piano?

Once the rest of the song starts, it sounds a little closed in though. Like your monitors are too bright and you've tamped down some of the high end. Either that or you maybe ran this through a brick wall limiter and that was the outcome because it was triggering on all the highs and bringing up the lows and throwing your balance way off... ?

Otherwise, this is a very nice mix. I like what I hear....

Thank you again .
You are right about high end its because of limiter ( I did turned on limiter on sum track after balancing and panning tracks )

Thank you for your opinion and I'm glad that my mix is enjoyable