Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Music mixed in Presonus 1.6.4.2.AI
What is your opinion about the mix?

.mp3    RB.mp3 --  (Download: 4.68 MB)

(16-10-2015, 05:21 PM)Txory Wrote: What is your opinion about the mix?

I'd say a generally respectable mix. The only thing I really noticed was that the lead vocalist levels are all over the place and you have to fix that (I know I was riding her volume through most of the song). Sometimes she's way out front and then is buried.

I thought the drums could have been just a bit brighter, but that is a minor nit.
--Dean
Could resolve this situation by sending the voice track to an external compressor and import voice recording already compressed and sends it back to the recording,
So the voice would be more stable mix
thanks for the comment
Nice punchy mix I like it ,maybe a touch of multiband compression on the vocals just to tame the peaks in the low frequencies.
Cheers Big Grin.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

This is a solid mix. I think it is a bit heavy in the lows to low mids, but that just means it would fall apart in my wife's over-bass-heavy car stereo environment! haha The mids (particularly from 800Hz and up) could use a bit more energy. Otherwise though, this is a nice punchy cut.
Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
Mile-High Audio Productions
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

thanks for the comment Big Grin
I get the impression your monitors are somewhat weak in the low end considering the thickness of your mix. I just feel I'm listening to your mixes through a veil blocking the high end definition of your mixes. The mixes are fine except for that. The vocals on this song were atrocious and very difficult to mix for. You've done as good as anyone.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]