Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Femme (Qmix)
Thought to put this here at last. This mix was done 6 months ago, so kinda old. Smile

Luckily I still had the project file, so I could see what I had done. And no surprises there.

As the guitars were already processed, I just put Voxengo Boogex on them to have a little sound of my own on them.
Bass and vocal tracks underwent the same treatment, each track with their individual settings.

This is propably the first public mix where I used gate, as it's still a bit new to me.

Bassdrum has gate and eq, tried to make it snappy, but it didn't turn out quite like it.

Snare has eq and compressor, which I used to make it little "spacey" without a reverb.

All cymbals have only eq on them.

Toms have also gate and eq, but I think I messed them up... To me they feel kinda inaudible. Might also be because of the pannings.

But yeah, result wasn't what I normally try to achieve, but can't always have what one wants, right?

Tell me what do you think.

.mp3    WoD-FemmeV2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.34 MB)

Uff...there's a lot of work to do still on this mix... The voice is like screaming from the back of the cave...wich i mean it's almost inaudible. The drums doesnt have any punch, body or anything...I dont know if it'll be as u said that u messed with the gates but could easly be that u compressed them wrong as well as they need a better eq-ing. If u want a snare to sound spacey use the reverb, that's what they r for...but of course if u wanna do experiments its ok but :/ ...

Also, there are processed guitar tracks but u have also the clean ones from the DI...I havent used that voxengo but it seems like u'd be better off not using it...And why did u have to add it to everything? even the voice :S ...So everything will sound the same?

If i were you i'd start all over again, get a nice powerful drums sounding (for now forget the gates....) and then try to add the guitars withouth masking the drums. Try to find a nice guitar sound with their original tracks (eq, eq, eq...) and forget voxengo. Then give some presence to the voice (ep, comp...), put it at the level u want it to be and then tune the rest of the instruments acording to that...And use what u've learnt u've done wrong with this mix to make the next one sound better Wink Hope that helps and hope to listen to a new version soon Smile

Cheers

Ak3r