Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rothko Mix
Greetings, all. New member here.

First off, let me give a shout out to Mike Senior for this great site. I just discovered this when reading the Mix Rescue of Rothko in SOS. It's something I've always been interested in. Great to see Mike implement it.

Secondly, a shout out to all the artists who graciously provide their work for us to mix. Much appreciated.

I've checked out all the mixes for Rothko and will hopefully have a chance this week to make some constructive contributions on your threads.

In the meantime, here's my mix...

QQ

.m4a    Rothko.m4a --  (Download: 7.53 MB)

Hi QuintaQuad,

lovely mix. I like the intro - great guitar sounds and a nice little ideaWink

Once the band enters I can not help it but think that the kick's sound does not suit the overall sound. It is too synthetic in my ears. The backing vocals sound a bit too forced in their fx. Maybe a bit less chorus (or whatever you used here) would reduce the attention they steel from the lead vocals (who have some harsh sibilance, you might want to check this out).

I love the sonics you created with the electric guitars!

Well done!

Cheers
Artbass
Thanks AB. Appreciate the feedback.

Kick and bass always seem to be my nemesis' in mixing. Definitely need to work on my lowend treatment.

I knew the BGVox would be a love or hate proposition. Might go back and try something different, as well as work on the kick.

Thanks again for the critique...

I loved the BV in the verse, but then not so much in the chorus... I like the idea, but maybe they need a little more balance, especially between the "two voices"...