Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Am Cassettes: "Believe"
Hi there! This is my attempt at mixing!
I would like to hear some critiques about my mix)

P.S: Sorry for my English(

.mp3    I Am Cassettes - Believe .mp3 --  (Download: 8.7 MB)

Very nice mix, similar to the way i've mixed it so i obviously like it hehehe. So... A couple of things...the delay/reverb u use is tooo long and exagerated. I didnt like the sound of the snare at all maybe too much bottom snare, it sounds really weird. The bass a bit too loud and the kick is just "click" without body...and so of course the the whole rythmic section is to dry...I think i'd sound nice with a little reverb...I like that u've used the string section in the last part...not many people does...One last thing...the fx on the voice at the end ruins it tooootally :S is like if he was drowning and singing at the same time...Also i guess the noise at the begining is on purpose the old famous grungelizer or something like that...But i dont think it makes much sense there as just afert that everything is sounding perfetctly normal, not like a radio or a 70's mix...so :/ .... I hope that'll help...Dont get me wrong, this is one of the mixes that i've like the most Wink

Cheers.

Ak3r
Thank you very much dude! It's very important for me, thanks for you advices!
I will remix the whole song, this version I did 1.5 month ago, and now I want to try again!