Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
You and Me and The Radio dcp mix
Hi guys, after toying around with this track for a while I tried mixing the track without the tom close mics and I think it has led to the drums sounding tighter and more defined. This is more of an experiment and there are still some tweaks have to be made but so far I'm happy with the sound of the track. I would like some criticism on the mix to help me refine it. I have done some rough mastering to bring it up to a commercial level and to even out the sound of the track, normally my tracks arn't this loud but it seemed to work for this song.

Update: I made completely new mix and master of the track with the tom tracks. I processed the tracks less and used parallel processing on the drums to make them pop more. The snare and toms haven't been process save for some subtle gated reverb on the snare and reverb on the toms.

.mp3    Master 1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.78 MB)

Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
That was not so good idea... Sorry. You lost a stereo picture and your drum kit sounds more distant.
Sorry again. This is only my own opinion Smile
Strat Studio - Clear & Bright Mixing
Wow thats loud! haha

Its a good mix, but feels very one dimensional and almost anechoic, but it is very clean.

The guitars seem very harsh and upfront, and the bass could use more space be more upfront.

The vocal is little buried, but otherwise the mix on it is perfect. Its very clean and constant and has some power to it.

Did you LP the guitar tracks at all? The lead is quite piercing.

Overall great mix, really natural drums.
I made a new mix and master of the track, it's in the initial post along with the old master I made. (Master 1 is the revision)
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
Very good mix)) nice presence on guitar, and vocal. Good ambience
Nice mix. Love the guitars and vocals sound great.