Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom McKenzie - Directions (Robert's Mix)
Ooh! Thanks for the links! I'll see if I can sneak in some time tomorrow to check the mac freebies out at work Smile

Dags
So many songs, so little time!
(26-03-2013, 06:40 AM)Dags Wrote: Ooh! Thanks for the links! I'll see if I can sneak in some time tomorrow to check the mac freebies out at work Smile

Dags

Hi, Dags.

I've posted my 2nd mix taking into account your earlier commentary. The 'problem' was the Electric Guitars 1 & 2. Well spotted Blush Thanks for that. It was just a case of fixing the low-end on the offending guitars so they didn't clash with the bass guitar. I also 'fixed the bongo's while I was there.

On the subject of free plugins..... I really like the Variety of Sound stuff. Check out the Massey plugins too.... they're not free - but you can demo them and they're not too expensive if you decide to buy.
(26-03-2013, 07:02 AM)Robert Wrote: On the subject of free plugins..... I really like the Variety of Sound stuff.

Ditto, but unfortunately they're PC-only.

Robert, this second mix is really beautiful! I'm tapping my toes as I'm listening - it really bops along now.

I'm going to use this version (if I may) as my benchmark to try to get something as clear and open with that lovely subtle ambiance without it being obvious. Logic has an impulse response 'spaces' effect plugin I'll try to make more use of.

Well done indeed!

Dags
So many songs, so little time!