Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
VOELUND - CONFORT LIVES IN BELIEF MIX BY AK3R
So here's my mix of this song...It came to be a pain in the ass to mix more than i expected...I dunno for u guys....Anyway...Here's my 1st take at this...I wish the drums weren't programmed and being so were a lil bit more humanized but....anyway...enjoy Wink

Ak3r

.mp3    COMFORT LIVES IN BELIEF MIX 1 MASTER BY AKER.mp3 --  (Download: 7.48 MB)

Ok...so i updated the mix a lil bit....Any thoughts bout it?

.mp3    COMFOR LIVE IN BELIEF MIX 2 MASTER BY AKER.mp3 --  (Download: 7.4 MB)

(10-10-2015, 04:53 PM)Ak3r Wrote: Ok...so i updated the mix a lil bit....Any thoughts bout it?

thats a polished mix man. any tips on mastering,, everything was so clean and even and not "smooshed" to death.
(12-10-2015, 01:03 PM)Debellatoris Wrote:
(10-10-2015, 04:53 PM)Ak3r Wrote: Ok...so i updated the mix a lil bit....Any thoughts bout it?

thats a polished mix man. any tips on mastering,, everything was so clean and even and not "smooshed" to death.

Thanks a lot man. It was a really challenging song to mix, so many things goin on...It really gave me a couple of headaches...For this 2nd version the first thing i did was turn everything down as with the first was eeeeeverything on top and i couldnt quite listen to the different instruments...So after that it took me a lot to put everything in place, i had to use a few tricks i made up so everything came kinda into place...And make sure checking the master meter that there are no peaks and it has some kind of dinamic...And that's the main thing for it's sound.

As for the mastering, i use Ozone 5...it's f***ing awesome Tongue , but this time i didnt really do much (i was tired and fed up after mixing the song hahaha) ...Just boosted a little bit the mid range 1 to 2 db on 500hz and 1k so it'll have a little more presence on the voice and the snare and things wont sound so "dark"... A little bit of harmonic exciter on the mid highs and then opened a little bit the stereo on those frequencies too...A touch of maximizer to make sure there's no peaks...And thats all.

I hope it helps Smile, and again thanks for ur comment.

Cheers.

Ak3r
OZONE!!!!!!! dude, have you tried 6? totally different interface, and just amazing also. if you can get your hands on it, try it out. pm me