Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tip toe through the crypto
Here is my new mix. It was one of the more interesting mixes i ve done.

.mp3    Mixdown.mp3 --  (Download: 4.58 MB)

Anyone ?
Hi! I think your overall frequency balance is maybe too bright or harsh, and the snare is hitting about 10 - 20 dBs louder at 5kHz area than the rest of the mix. Otherwise the mix sounds very clear and well balanced.
So I can darken it a bit and remove some of 5k on snare.
(11-10-2015, 01:02 PM)Obelix Wrote: So I can darken it a bit and remove some of 5k on snare.

I think it's your call. Smile
Agree with Obelix. This mix is very thin--needs a lot more warmth in the low mids and more fatness on the bottom. It sounds sorta like it's coming through a tabletop radio when its coming through my KRK Rokit8s (8" Woofers).

Did you mix this using headphones? If so, that would explain the problem, as that often causes this very misperception of bass/low-mid response in mixing.
Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
Mile-High Audio Productions
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

Version 2 is on the way. I think that it is better than 1st one. Now I mixed way more bottom end and a little less highs.
Version 2

.mp3    Mixdown1p0.mp3 --  (Download: 4.58 MB)

That is definitely 1000 times improved Obelix. Nice and tight, and seems warm and full, but clear too.

It might be a bit too clean, actually! Maybe a bit more grunged up would be good! Anyway, well done!
Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
Mile-High Audio Productions
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

Thx for the kind words. I will do the 3rd version with more dirt to it. I have this mix saved so I can make it dirtier in mastering.