Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Run Run Run Babylon Run Run
Hi there guys,

Please comment.

.mp3    Arise - Run Run Rnun3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.26 MB)

(23-03-2013, 09:35 PM)kharlos84 Wrote: Hi there guys,

Please comment.

Hi 'kharlos84'. I'm not a reggae expert, but I do know that the very important, so called '3 drop' kick drum is missing from your mix.

I suggest listening to the mix by 'Kamikase' in this forum. He suggests gating and a transient controller plugin. That would be as well as some EQ'ing. Until you do that the mix won't sound reggae. (BTW - My mixes of this still aren't right either...)

Something I do is to download the preview mix (in this case Mike Seniors 'Mix Rescue'), and all the other mixes posted up here, and listen to them in headphones and nearfield monitors and also examine them with meters, compare L+R and L-R on the master plus 'loudness match' with a leveller to make better comparisons. (Make any soft mix as loud as the loudest one you are comparing with)

Hope that helps,
Hamish

(24-03-2013, 02:25 AM)electricladyLAN Wrote:
(23-03-2013, 09:35 PM)kharlos84 Wrote: Hi there guys,

Please comment.

Hi 'kharlos84'. I'm not a reggae expert, but I do know that the very important, so called '3 drop' kick drum is missing from your mix.

I suggest listening to the mix by 'Kamikase' in this forum. He suggests gating and a transient controller plugin. That would be as well as some EQ'ing. Until you do that the mix won't sound reggae. (BTW - My mixes of this still aren't right either...)

Something I do is to download the preview mix (in this case Mike Seniors 'Mix Rescue'), and all the other mixes posted up here, and listen to them in headphones and nearfield monitors and also examine them with meters, compare L+R and L-R on the master plus 'loudness match' with a leveller to make better comparisons. (Make any soft mix as loud as the loudest one you are comparing with)

Hope that helps,
Hamish

Thanks brother. I Really appreciate your comment. Nice tips.I will work on that one. Not Really sure about the '3 drop kick' I'll do some research. Thanks bro.