Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Turkauz: 'tip toe through The Crypto'
The mix sounds quite clean and it has some natural raw quality to it.
It sounds more energetic than it actually is. It might be because it gives an impression as if I'm standing close to a live stage close to vocal PA monitors and unmiked ambient drums and bass amp.
(01-11-2015, 01:16 AM)sysrq Wrote: The mix sounds quite clean and it has some natural raw quality to it.
It sounds more energetic than it actually is. It might be because it gives an impression as if I'm standing close to a live stage close to vocal PA monitors and unmiked ambient drums and bass amp.
Your observations are correct !
I think I went a little overboard the energy and trying to simulate a live gig !
Thanks for having a listen Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hi Don!
I think you made a good job with this mix and it sounds pretty good... but I also think that you can make it sound much better with a few adjustments. =)
I love the overall drum sound and the ambience, it's very natural but he lacks some punch from the kick, seems a little too far back, even the toms have the same problem in my opinion, they are very far in the room and sometimes it's difficult to hear it.
The bass guitar sounds very good, it's present and creates a lot of rhythmic movement, I like it.
Brasses seem to overlap too much each other, also with the vocals, and they sounds a little bit harsh to me, try to better eq this instruments in order to have more clearness and then try to give em a better placement in the stereo image to get more space and presence for the vocals. I agree with you when you said that you "over cooked" the mix with the master limiter Tongue Sometimes it's clipping and it causes a little bit of ear fatigue because of the lack of dynamics. So put down the "loudness war weapons" and try to get a more dynamic mix! Smile Wink (haha I'm just joking! =) ) Let me know what do you think about my suggestions! I look forward to your opinion about my mix too! Tongue

Best

Alex
(04-11-2015, 09:14 PM)teste Wrote: Hi Don!
I think you made a good job with this mix and it sounds pretty good... but I also think that you can make it sound much better with a few adjustments. =)
I love the overall drum sound and the ambience, it's very natural but he lacks some punch from the kick, seems a little too far back, even the toms have the same problem in my opinion, they are very far in the room and sometimes it's difficult to hear it.
The bass guitar sounds very good, it's present and creates a lot of rhythmic movement, I like it.
Brasses seem to overlap too much each other, also with the vocals, and they sounds a little bit harsh to me, try to better eq this instruments in order to have more clearness and then try to give em a better placement in the stereo image to get more space and presence for the vocals. I agree with you when you said that you "over cooked" the mix with the master limiter Tongue Sometimes it's clipping and it causes a little bit of ear fatigue because of the lack of dynamics. So put down the "loudness war weapons" and try to get a more dynamic mix! Smile Wink (haha I'm just joking! =) ) Let me know what do you think about my suggestions! I look forward to your opinion about my mix too! Tongue

Best

Alex
Thanks for for having a listen Alex ,will use your advice in the next version
Thanks again Big Grin
Don

It's a cool live mix with clean sound and good powerSmile
Lacking only the applauses of the stadiumBig Grin
Well Done!
(04-08-2016, 10:55 AM)Konek Wrote: It's a cool live mix with clean sound and good powerSmile
Lacking only the applauses of the stadiumBig Grin
Well Done!
Thanks Big Grin