Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Believe' Flow Taylor Mix
Hey Guys,

this is my mix. i really tried to bring out the power and dynamics of this song. it was a lot of fun to mix. the bass and drums are going nuts here.
any creative input is very welcome!

.mp3    I am Cassette - Believe Mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.7 MB)

Hello, I like your mix! I think you have done a very good job. I would only like to hear a little cleaner the bass guitar and the kick. There is something wrong in the low end.
(02-10-2015, 12:54 PM)Andreas Tyranopoulos Wrote: Hello, I like your mix! I think you have done a very good job. I would only like to hear a little cleaner the bass guitar and the kick. There is something wrong in the low end.

Thank you. I appreciate your comment. could you be more specific what you mean with 'something wrong in the low end'? it seems to be fine from where i am listening; headphones, acousticly treated room.. maybe you can help me understand better what you mean. that would be awesome!
As I hear it on my monitors it seems like your kick and bass have a lot of low-mid frequencies. That makes the mix a little muddy. I think a good idea would be to cut a lot of 400-700hz on the kick and add some db's around the 8khz. Also try to cut some 200-300 Hz on the bass and add some db's on the 1khz. I think that way the low end on your mix will be much more clear. I hope to help you. I would like to hear a new version with these changes or something close to that. Smile
(06-10-2015, 06:28 PM)Andreas Tyranopoulos Wrote: As I hear it on my monitors it seems like your kick and bass have a lot of low-mid frequencies. That makes the mix a little muddy. I think a good idea would be to cut a lot of 400-700hz on the kick and add some db's around the 8khz. Also try to cut some 200-300 Hz on the bass and add some db's on the 1khz. I think that way the low end on your mix will be much more clear. I hope to help you. I would like to hear a new version with these changes or something close to that. Smile

here is a new version with the changes you suggested. you were straight on man. seems to be clearer now and i could even push the low end some more. thanks a lot!!

.mp3    I am Cassette - Believe Mix 5.mp3 --  (Download: 8.7 MB)

Hey I think now it sounds much more powerful! I am very glad that you found my suggestions useful! Keep on mixing!! Smile
Bro, awesome.
Totally clean, is achieved hear all the instruments.
I just thought very dry battery with few acute.
But otherwise all ok!

Add me!
Nice mix man. I agree with the "too dry drum"...keep the room tracks a lil lower and find a nice reverb that pastes nicely with the drums. Also the bass could have a lil more low end and less attack...did u compress it?...Just that. I hope that helps Wink

Cheers.

Ak3r
Hey Guys,
Thanks! I agree on the Drums. They could easily use some more room or verb. it was just a decision of taste. just wanted them real dry for some reason, but i can totally feel the verb too now. Cheers!
(07-10-2015, 09:52 PM)ZikiziraX Wrote: Bro, awesome.
Totally clean, is achieved hear all the instruments.
I just thought very dry battery with few acute.
But otherwise all ok!

Add me!

Thanks! You are added!