Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
All I Know Avalon
lol....You're very welcome, Dave! We had to steal space on the percussion track as we were limited to 23 tracks (track 24 was striped with SMPTE so we could sync with our sequencer).

I honestly wasn't sure anyone would tackle mixing our song. I know it sounds a bit dated now. I'm thinking of offering a couple more songs from our CD "Chasing Ghosts" for your mixing pleasure. If you're interested.....let me know and I'll talk to Mike Senior.

If you have any questions at all about the song, arrangement, recording, etc....please feel free to ask. It's my excuse to reminisce! Big Grin

- Matt
Hey Matt, Must have been a complex process using midi sequencers sync’ed to tape. Have been reading some of the 30 years of Sound On Sound articles, It's amazing just where the industry has come!
I would love to have the opportunity to work with any other songs you may decide to throw out there. I'll definitely keep an eye out for them if you do. They may or may not be a bit dated now but I'm a bit dated myself (so my kids tell me) so thats ok. lol.

Have had a quick look online for any audio content that may be out there from "Chasing Ghosts" but was unsuccessful. Is it available anywhere? Would love to check out the album. Thanks again.

Hello Dave! That's really cool!
Great ideas with automation.
I especially liked the soft sound of the drums. It seems that you used the tape saturation.
Cheers!
(14-08-2016, 09:55 AM)Konek Wrote: Hello Dave! That's really cool!
Great ideas with automation.
I especially liked the soft sound of the drums. It seems that you used the tape saturation.
Cheers!

Well done for finding this and dragging it out from the abyss.Smile

I remember having a lot of fun with this one. A quality multitrack.

Thanks for checking it outSmile

Dave
(20-09-2015, 01:14 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Another great track to mix.

A good mix. Nicely balanced. Like what you did with the middle sections to retain interest (hadn't heard your mix when I did mine, was interesting that we both went in a similar direction on simplifying the arrangement, then rebuilding to the final chorus).
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
(17-09-2016, 05:43 PM)jeffd42 Wrote:
(20-09-2015, 01:14 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Another great track to mix.

A good mix. Nicely balanced. Like what you did with the middle sections to retain interest (hadn't heard your mix when I did mine, was interesting that we both went in a similar direction on simplifying the arrangement, then rebuilding to the final chorus).

Thanks jeffd42,

It's one of those great songs that tolerates this sort of creative input really well. I guess you like me, felt the song could benefit with something extra at this point.

Dave