Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
All I Know Avalon
Another great track to mix. Keep having to pinch myself! Can't believe we have access to this quality material to work with.

Cheers Dave.

.mp3    Avalon_All I Know_Dangerous.mp3 --  (Download: 10.21 MB)

I like your version Dave especially the the breaks in the music from 2.09 are a great idea Big Grin !
Nice one !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(04-10-2015, 08:17 AM)thedon Wrote: I like your version Dave especially the the breaks in the music from 2.09 are a great idea Big Grin !
Nice one !

Thanks Don. Listening back, I may have over cooked it a bit.
It's all in good fun.
I thought of doing something similar (Dropping out everything but the drums, then bringing the bass back in, and then everything) but couldn't make it work so chose to just go with it.
Old West Audio
Nice mix. the vibe is great.

Nice snare sound.

Nice arrangement change, i did something similar, the song begs for a arrengement change.
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
(18-10-2015, 12:30 AM)jeremias666 Wrote: Nice mix. the vibe is great.

Nice snare sound.

Nice arrangement change, i did something similar, the song begs for a arrengement change.

Thanks jeremias666. I tried out the Tokyo Dawn Labs Kotelnikov Compressor with this mix and the drum processing which helped with the snare sound. I'll have to take a listen to your mix and arrangement. Thanks again.
(18-10-2015, 12:01 AM)azwayne Wrote: I thought of doing something similar (Dropping out everything but the drums, then bringing the bass back in, and then everything) but couldn't make it work so chose to just go with it.

I'm not confident with arrangement but just felt the song needed something to spice it up a bit.

Well, your version of that dropout works better than what I was trying to do so you still beat me. Wink
Old West Audio
I love it! Great mix! Love the breakdown at 2:40! I might actually steal that idea as I'm working on remixing the whole album now. Big Grin And you got my vocal break up in the mix. THANK YOU! lol Everybody still misses the record scratches right after the vocal break, though....or was it just too cheesy and you're all trying to help us minimize the shame? Big Grin

Killer mix! I really like it!

- Matt
Keys, Programming, Backing Vox, Samples
Avalon
Wow!!! feedback from the artist. Thanks Matt. Your kind words are very encouraging. Curiosity has got the better of me and I've just gone back into the project to find these record scratches. Ah hah! found it on the percussion track! So yes, I completely missed it. My Bad! lol. Thanks for supplying the song for us to work with.
Regards Dave.