Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arise_Run Run Run_mix Tommy Marcinek
Angel

I spent a lot of time on this, as I usually do when I select a song to mix. I really liked this one. The tracks were recorded on the hot side, which I really liked. I thought the bass was muffled and needed some fudging around to get it clearer....it's still doesn't sound the way I wanted but it's acceptable. I did do some sound replacing and otherwise used an arsenal of plugins to create this mix. I kept it simple as far as effects. Created the extra harmony voices out the existing parts. I used some delay and reverb here and there. Not too much compression but enough on some tracks for the warmth and power mostly. I wish the guitar with the heavy effects on it was not printed with all those effects, so I basically just eq'd it and left it as is.....would have liked to have been able to add my own effects, etc. But there was a lot of freedom to play around with stuff in this mix and I really enjoyed it. I really like the song itself. And, as always, I appreciate the experience doing these real life mixes. I feel that the more of these mixes I do, in the various styles that are presented here, the better a mixing engineer I might be able to call myself at some point. Peace...enjoy...comments welcomed.

Tommy

.mp3    Run Run Run_mix Tommy Marcinek.mp3 --  (Download: 7.44 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek