Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matterplay mix
Hello !

First of all I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to the person who built this platform, and to artists who accept to share the result of their work. I'm trying to learn about producing music and this helps me a lot.

Here is the result of my work on Matterplay, and I'd be very grateful if anyone has some comments or advice to go further.

Cheers,

Moussa

.m4a    MS04 - Matterplay v2.m4a --  (Download: 2.7 MB)

I think pull back bit on the reverb and delays you will get a clearer mixSmile
Thanks for your advice Smile

Moussa
Try to work on the low freq of each steam...so it wont make ur mix too muddy...like the first sampler (the bells one) also..think little bit about the place where u want each instrument to be, because it seems to me that each time that comes a new one it's fighting with the previous one to be on top...Also the reverb at 0:46 it's waaaay to exagerated...seems like a guy screaming from a cave hehe...But i totally love ur use of delays..quite creative Smile ....One last thing...Try to leave some db's at the master channel....it's seems to me that everyone here is trying to push the level as close to 0db that everything comes out distorted or without dynamic :S
Nice try!! Smile

Cheers.
Ak3r
Thanks Ak3r for your comments ! Good point on the low freqs on bells, makes a lot of sense. And I agree with the reverb as well - I felt this vocal lacked power and I didn't find a better way Smile

Moussa