Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hold on you
Hi,
here is my first version of this very nice song.
I call it first version because I didn't spent a lot of time with it. On the other hand: there really aren't too many tracks and I think that my kind of natural/dry approach suits the composition very well since it's kind of intimate.

Please leave some feedback. I'm very interessted in your thoughts about the vocal (i do not do so much vocal stuff) but any comments will be appreciated of course.
Thanks for listening.

.mp3    150911_HoldOnYou.mp3 --  (Download: 6.24 MB)

.mp3    150915_HoldOnYou.mp3 --  (Download: 7.76 MB)

Good mix, but snare drum is too bright. Next time you mix this song do not use close mic snare track. Try some delay instead of reverb on main vocal (if you want) but this is a matter of taste. 8/10, Also if you leave some feedback to other people here, you will recieve more.
Hi Mate

great mix , especially love the vocals , what's your chain on these ? On my phones sounds a touch to powerfull on upper mids on guitars but other than that a great sounding mix

regards
Memphis
Rock n Roll Man in a Digital Age

Ice-16 Interface/Cubase Artist 8/Lenovo I5 quad/X2442/Fender Telecasters/Fender Hot rod, Champ, Junior/ M-Track Interface/
thanks for your feedback.
as i said, i struggle with vocals sometimes so i'm glad you like it. And the chain is really simple. I did this first version with basically one eq and one Comp on each track and grouptrack. On the Vocaltrack its: EQ -> Comp -> Comp
Both compressors are working kind of smoothly but the first one (Waves CLA-2A) makes the 2k-area so nice.
Also i'm sending the vocal to a reverb.

Now here's a new version 150915 (see above): I tried some stuff on the drums (ended up with three different EQs on the snare, because i couldn't get it out of the overhead-track) and added some deessing to the vocal.
Finally I recorded the song to Tape. So that would be interessting to hear from you, if this is an enhancment.
You'll notice the highfreq- rollof, when you compare it directly. Am I loosing too much here?
In any case I think, the organic sound fits the track quite well.