Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heart - Peripheral
Hello, this is my first submission. I used adobe audition, free plugins and yamaha hs7. Room is not treated. I have to mix at low volumes (neighbors with children), I hadn't a chance to listening it properly or on other setups but mine. Every suggestion is truly appreciated. Bye.

.mp3    MKIMENZ - PERIPHERAL MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 9.16 MB)

Was this mastered to cassette? Smile
It's over saturated to the point of distortion and very noisy.
I think the vocal FX would be better suited to a dreamy acapella mix. Hall reverb?
I'm interested in hearing more.
Hi, thank you for your interest! It is not mastered to cassette but I did put a tape simulator on the master strip, it was the first time I tryed it and I exagerated with saturation and expecially noise (the one you can hear at the beginning it's from that, quite ugly the day after!).
Regarding the voices, I used the processed ones in the .rar and tried to make them sound odd using a sort of sidechain compressor (it translates more like a vocoder or autotune in my mix).
I used lot of hall reverb not for spatial purposes than radically changing the original sounds.
This is my first mix in ages and I mainly wanted to test the new speakers I got. I tried to make something different from the original intentions rather than make it sound acceptable mainly because I was quite disappointed from the drums track. When I realised they were already mixed I decided to make a superfast and odd mix (and to post it anyway, it's not good at all but it's different). It's not the perfect presentation for me, I know, but I'm here to get better. Thank you!
The whole thing is over compressed and saturated BUT I really like what you did with the vocals, they have some real character and power.