Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Believe" Duguy's Mix
Here the version i posted on my soundcloud for this contest.

.mp3    05092015 Beliveve Premastering.mp3 --  (Download: 8.67 MB)

Sounds Good i like it .
Nice one ,good luck !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

I should have used more reverb on the vocals in my opinion but now it's done lol.
I like that "swell" effect at 1:59-2:00! Is it reversed guitar?
Don´t think the echo at 1:52 work that well.
I think you need to revisit the settings on the 2bus compressor.
Your SoundCloud link?
Thanks for your feedback mange.

Yes it's a reversed guitar, a friend of mine gave me this idea. I love the echo at 1.52, it "fills the hole" very well IMO.
My bus compressor have a Gain reduction of only 1DB, seems hard to have less lol and the compressor in the mastering session have 2db of Gain reduction int the loudest part. At least, i have between 6/7db of dynamic range wich is good IMO for this type of music but maybe it's too much for your tastes (i can understand it very well) or you don't like the attack and release settings of the compressors.

Here my soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/julien-meirone

To my ears it´s pumping.
Your mix doesnt appear especially loud to me. I have absolutely nothing against loud mixes. Whenever I hear something I think sounds really good it´s probably pretty loud. Maybe even 5db. Sometimes I hear mixes that sound crap and are so distorted that I think, damn, that must be loud as .... but is not! I do think that absolutely nothing is gained by pushing level that high. The only loudness war you will win is that of your friends cd changer.

I´ll borrow that reversed guitar trick somedaySmile
Loudness is not my goal, if i wanted to master this song really loud this will not sound like this but more like this lol. Yeah Horrible mastering i know, it's only to illustrate my words. (if you find that it sounds great, go see your doctor ^^)

.mp3    07092015 Beliveve Premastering pumping.mp3 --  (Download: 8.67 MB)