Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This was fun
Hop You'll like my mix of this amazing piece.

/C

.mp3    DeadEnemies.mp3 --  (Download: 13.36 MB)

.mp3    DeadEnemiesRemix.mp3 --  (Download: 13.36 MB)

Ive listen to one of your other mixes and found the same issue with this one, you've scooped the mids a great deal and its causing the mix to sound thin and lifeless.

This may have something to do with where you're mixing or how you're mixing.

You may have a lot of mid build up in your room or the headphones you use could be exacerbating the mid range.

Consider compensating for this effect or referencing your mix in on other mediums.

Cheers.
My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
(26-12-2015, 03:40 PM)wesleyamltd Wrote: Ive listen to one of your other mixes and found the same issue with this one, you've scooped the mids a great deal and its causing the mix to sound thin and lifeless.

This may have something to do with where you're mixing or how you're mixing.

You may have a lot of mid build up in your room or the headphones you use could be exacerbating the mid range.

Consider compensating for this effect or referencing your mix in on other mediums.

Cheers.

Hi, I don't think I should have mixed this song in the same way today. I am still in the learning process and this was an early attempt. Don't find it that bad though.
What was the other song You've listened to ?

/C

I provided you with my observation. Plz dont feel the need to be gentle, everyone on this site is going to be super opinionated and also very familiar with the content being mixed/presented.

Also, everyone will be auditioning the mix on there system and so there going to hear it they way they heard there mixes when they were mixing.

I never said that your mix was bad either.

if i hurt your feelings then im sorry....they all cant be zingers and you cant make everyone feel the way you do about your work.

Trust in your instincts and take what people say with a grain of salt.
My Original Music

Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
Don't worry, I'm not taking it that hard as I may sound, some tears and then I'm ok again. :-)
This is one of the songs I intend to remix one day.
I'm still curious though, what was the other song You've listened to, if it was one early or my latest mixes. I'm quite pleased with my latest, that's why I ask.

/C
(26-12-2015, 07:53 PM)Cassandra Wrote: Don't worry, I'm not taking it that hard as I may sound, some tears and then I'm ok again. :-)
This is one of the songs I intend to remix one day.
I'm still curious though, what was the other song You've listened to, if it was one early or my latest mixes. I'm quite pleased with my latest, that's why I ask.

/C Wall Of Death I believe. I didn't leave a commit because others had already addressed what I was thinking.

My Original Music

Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
Wesley,

I added a remix today, not so much remixed but I removed a plugin from the mastertrack which I never use at that place anymore, guess I was trying it out in the mix. The plugin was an exciter which I normally use for snares and sometimes guitar.
I think it was the reason for making it thin as you said.

Would appreciate if you would listen again.

Thanks for pushing me :-)

/C