Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cur An Long Ag Seol (My 1st step in the 12 steps of bass addiction recovery)
So much build up in the frequencies of this track. Lots of surgical eq, as well as tone shaping required. I'm not sure I'm totally happy with this, but it felt like I got to a point where it was going to fall apart if I did any more to it.

Yea?

Draper

.mp3    Cur An Long Ag Seol2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.04 MB)

5 minute touch up. . . master eq, re panned the acoustic and BAM! There it goes! Decided to get rid of the stupid fade too. . .

.mp3    Cur An Long Ag Seol3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.04 MB)

You have a ”Twelwe step method”. Did you know that Chuck Berry had a ”Thirteen Question Method”. But he probably used it for another purpose.

I think it’s a good mix. I like the balances and overall sound.

Some minor problems that came to my mind:

Your first step in your bass addiction recovery (what ever it means) is quite strong, as I have here and there problems in hearing the bass. But I don’t think that as a problem. THis has a nice live feeling.

Also overall sound is bit too bright. (On the other hand, my mix was maybe too dark)

I think the space is not optimal yet. Is it too bright or something?. Listen for example around 1:20. There’s some shaker sounding instrument (snare?) that’s difficult to locate in space. As if it’s constantly moving slightly from left to right (because of reverb?).

Some hits come through quite loud. Is it acoustic guitar strings or what? For example around 0:30. If I remember correctly I used dynamic eq to tame those things.
Hey olli, yeah, I do believe it is the percussive guitar strings. I agree the whole thing may be a touch too bright. At 1:20, i believe you hear the mandolin strings, so I think you may be "hearing" the noise move, but I think it's on two different instruments.

Thanks for your time, and I'll get around to touching up soon!

Draper