Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hold On You - Olli H
I just made an investment and bought Klanghelm's new compressor MJUC. So to test it I'm using it quite heavily in each and every place of this mix. Hopefully I didn't distroy anything.

As a reference I was using Eric Clapton's Angel from his quite recent record.

.mp3    holdonyou-2015-08-26-olli-h-v2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.67 MB)

(26-08-2015, 10:00 AM)Olli H Wrote: I just made an investment and bought Klanghelm's new compressor MJUC. So to test it I'm using it quite heavily in each and every place of this mix. Hopefully I didn't distroy anything.

As a reference I was using Eric Clapton's Angel from his quite recent record.

Olli, it sounds great to me
just a note, snare sounds a bit thin (you can feel it in the very begginning)
THanks, I must check that snare...
Nothing to add here. I like your soft kick very much, and bass sound. As a bass player I thought I'd never say this, but I'd perhaps lower the level of bass (instrument) a bit, even if it has such nice sound.
Thanks.
I agree about the bass level now that I listened it again. While mixing this song I felt the bass was the most interesting and important part of the arrangement. Maybe that's why I exaggereted it a bit.
I like your mix especially the sound of the bass ,maybe could be a db or 2 softer without affecting the feel you have achieved ,the electric guitar solo effects sounds nice Big Grin.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

a very good mix, Olli! I agree with most people here... the bass sounds great!
mixing since April 2013
Great level balance that fits to the genre and great EQ. I think that it will sound better if you raise the threshold a bit, especially on the drums. The compression makes a calm song sound heavy in my ears. But sure it's a matter of taste.