Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aresfin Trickbird 'Window'
hi all,

fun track to mix. guitars in the arrangement were a challenge to make fit.

.mp3    Trickbird Windo Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.05 MB)

Nice sounding mix, very smooth.

I noticed you removed the ride cymbal from the bridge. Sounds Good
thanks. I don't think the ride was in my batch files. didn't even know there was one.
Updated the mix with ride and tambourine parts. turns out they were in the files just forgot to drag them in. also, took the liberty of muting one guitar section at the second verse where guitar melody part don't sit with the vocal's rhythm part.

.mp3    Trick Bird Windo New Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.1 MB)

Sounds just right and nice panning!
Very nice mix overall. Really nice job clearing away all the mud that gets in the way of the vox - especially as the vox wants to sit in the lower register for lots of the song. Nice groove and the track moves along nicely.

LHS guitar at 0.27 and 1.09 is maybe a bit hot but otherwise a really good job
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
(05-09-2015, 03:03 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Very nice mix overall. Really nice job clearing away all the mud that gets in the way of the vox - especially as the vox wants to sit in the lower register for lots of the song. Nice groove and the track moves along nicely.

LHS guitar at 0.27 and 1.09 is maybe a bit hot but otherwise a really good job

thanks!
Overall sound very pleasant

nice drum sound, but to me the kick feels maybe too strong in comparison to bass. It maybe dominates the groove too much.

I feel the vox is little suffocated in choruses. But vox in verses feels just perfect to me.
nice work. I think some of your frequencies are building up in the low mids and I think maybe you need a little more around 1khz. Enjoyed listeningSmile