Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James May Hold On You DaveDaG mix
First shot

[Update v2]

[Update Final]

.mp3    James May Hold On You mixed by DaveDaG v2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.71 MB)

.mp3    James May Hold On You mixed by DaveDaG final.mp3 --  (Download: 7.71 MB)

Updated with version 2

Added:

fade out
lowmids cleaned a tad

I went for a warm and natural sounding mix
I hope you like it
Let me know Wink
d

Awesome Mix! I really like the fade out on it, nicely done. The only thing that I stuck out at me was the slide guitar. It sounds a bit uneven. I think with a small amount of automation here and there, it will be under control.

I really think it sounds good and the imaging on it was really good, the vocals seemed up front!

Jason
(25-08-2015, 04:20 PM)DaveDaG Wrote: Updated with version 2

Added:

fade out
lowmids cleaned a tad

I went for a warm and natural sounding mix
I hope you like it
Let me know Wink
d

Very good, I like it. Vox is just perfect the way it is.

I like the naturalness of all the instruments. Suits fine this song.

Only one thing bothers me: some how I feel that acoustic guitar in the left makes this mix to lean on to left.
[quote='mixerjason' pid='36478' dateline='1440538195']

Awesome Mix! I really like the fade out on it, nicely done. The only thing that I stuck out at me was the slide guitar. It sounds a bit uneven. I think with a small amount of automation here and there, it will be under control.

I really think it sounds good and the imaging on it was really good, the vocals seemed up front!

Jason
[quote='DaveDaG' pid='36462' dateline='1440516049']

Thanks Jason,
yes you're right, slide gtr is "unprocessed" (just an hipass) and it's probably a bit bulky
(26-08-2015, 10:18 AM)Olli H Wrote: Very good, I like it. Vox is just perfect the way it is.

I like the naturalness of all the instruments. Suits fine this song.

Only one thing bothers me: some how I feel that acoustic guitar in the left makes this mix to lean on to left.

Yes all mix is a bit left weighted, meters tell me it also Wink
I'd perhaps suppress the vocals from around 8k or so. They don't sound bad, but I think they're a bit too "hifi" compared to the rest of the mix. And perhaps a little more of that never ending cleaning of the 100-200 Hz range, or lowering the level of el. bass, although can't say I did any better job. Great soft sound, good separation and intimacy.
(26-08-2015, 06:39 PM)kapu Wrote: I'd perhaps suppress the vocals from around 8k or so. They don't sound bad, but I think they're a bit too "hifi" compared to the rest of the mix. And perhaps a little more of that never ending cleaning of the 100-200 Hz range, or lowering the level of el. bass, although can't say I did any better job. Great soft sound, good separation and intimacy.

Yes, thanks
I previously curve out 1 db of 100-200 hz in my pseudomastering stage as well a multicomp focused on the 8-10 khz, 'cause I felt the need. I don't want to move more than a db on mastering
Now you convinced me to go back to the mix stage Wink
Thanks Kapu and thanks guys
Here it is the final
Thanks to all
d