Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Not full mix or song
Not full mix or sobg just general idea of how it may sound honest opinions is that the mix is killer and powerfull but drums sound to triggered and snare too fake and vocals are not loud and kind of bickery plus bass iss a bit distored it the 30hz range so there issues but whats everyone's opinion

.mp3    DarkRide_DeadEnemies Rough Mix .mp3 --  (Download: 13.98 MB)

lows on bass need more def. this must be andrewswaggins other alias, cuz egs are way to similar and the rumble in the bass are about the same. kick is nice. both andrews egs are nice, what did you do on yours? as far as vocals go, layer man, i have four duplicates one with only eq and compression and the others are fxd out but the volumes are low. i have a phaser on one with a slight delay but the volume is about -22 or -25 dont remember its between there. after phaser on it some eq, took out lows like a highpass somewhere around 200. took out between 500 and 700 by a few db wide Q, and low shelf at 7000 by -4db and cut between 1200 and 2000 by a couple db, there were a few unwanted sounds thats why the odd eq. barely audible soloed but you can really tell a difference when all are added together. blitzzz said this song was recorded at various different times, hince the timeing and things. but theres a few tricks with slapbacks and stuff you can use to bring it together. one you could try, duplicate vocal twice, on the duplicates pan to taste but take one and actually move the track backwards and the other forward in time, and use syns timing, 60000÷tempo , then to go down in time divide each outcome by 2 and to go up in time multiply by 2. youll get some stranges sounds but you can fix it with panning and timing. the turn the volume of those tracks you moved forward and back to taste, at the same volume. take out the transients with some compression and it blends in nicely. theyll be a few unwanted freqs but you can eq those. then put a phased vocal dead center of those tracks and watch what happens. keep volumes low then slowly raise to fill in the vocal fix the timing . itll take some tweaking to get just right but you can make it sound awesome. keep a barely processed vocal track on top tho and supplement with the layers.
(25-08-2015, 06:58 PM)Debellatoris Wrote: lows on bass need more def. this must be andrewswaggins other alias, cuz egs are way to similar and the rumble in the bass are about the same. kick is nice. both andrews egs are nice, what did you do on yours? as far as vocals go, layer man, i have four duplicates one with only eq and compression and the others are fxd out but the volumes are low. i have a phaser on one with a slight delay but the volume is about -22 or -25 dont remember its between there. after phaser on it some eq, took out lows like a highpass somewhere around 200. took out between 500 and 700 by a few db wide Q, and low shelf at 7000 by -4db and cut between 1200 and 2000 by a couple db, there were a few unwanted sounds thats why the odd eq. barely audible soloed but you can really tell a difference when all are added together. blitzzz said this song was recorded at various different times, hince the timeing and things. but theres a few tricks with slapbacks and stuff you can use to bring it together. one you could try, duplicate vocal twice, on the duplicates pan to taste but take one and actually move the track backwards and the other forward in time, and use syns timing, 60000÷tempo , then to go down in time divide each outcome by 2 and to go up in time multiply by 2. youll get some stranges sounds but you can fix it with panning and timing. the turn the volume of those tracks you moved forward and back to taste, at the same volume. take out the transients with some compression and it blends in nicely. theyll be a few unwanted freqs but you can eq those. then put a phased vocal dead center of those tracks and watch what happens. keep volumes low then slowly raise to fill in the vocal fix the timing . itll take some tweaking to get just right but you can make it sound awesome. keep a barely processed vocal track on top tho and supplement with the layers.
Andrew swagginz and andrew0v are the same people. I hated the damn vocals so I barely spent any time on them lol there is way to much bass but i lost the version which had a multiband compressor on the low end I don't really like mixing vocals much and I got my sound mainly using FL Studio plugins they are f**king great lol Ill try to make the vocals sound better :p but this is a very rough mix cause all the other instruments aren't even put in opinions on snare and how to fix it cause it's shit lol
what is this? most of the crucial parts are missing? on top of that the mix is allready distorted like hell.