Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spektakulatius: 'Is You Is Or Is You Ain't'
Very important to me your criticism !!!

.mp3    spektakulatius.mp3 --  (Download: 7.95 MB)

lovely mix
Stop collecting plugins and hardware. First understand the tool you got and then look for extension when you reach your limit.
Excecllent mix.
I love that delay with sax
You have nicely carved space for vox in the middle.

Only thing that bother’s me slightly is those flying consonants audible here and there. And in that drumless part the vox delay has quite a big role. On the other hand I like it, but still I feel it’s not appropriate for this genre.
(29-08-2015, 04:00 PM)Olli H Wrote: Excecllent mix.
I love that delay with sax
You have nicely carved space for vox in the middle.

Only thing that bother’s me slightly is those flying consonants audible here and there. And in that drumless part the vox delay has quite a big role. On the other hand I like it, but still I feel it’s not appropriate for this genre.

thank you very much it is a criticism I've been waiting !
Not a bad mix. In general I think its well balanced but I agree with Olli, I don't think the delays are appropriate. I thought the sax was maybe a bit much, then the bridge vox came in and that was way too much (for the genre) and then there's more delay on the piano in the outro, so I personally found all the delays fatiguing by the end. Its always tempting to add stuff to a mix, but I think in this case the opposite is true...less is probably more.

At the end of the day its a taste thing.....and if you like it, go for it.
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
Thank you for evaluation and time spent on listening. on such comment and learn.