Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Believe - Olli H
My version to that competiton
I made also a brighter versio but still decided to go with this slightly darker mix.

.mp3    Believe-mixed-by-olli-h.mp3 --  (Download: 8.54 MB)

Something about your acoustic is really throwing me. It's EQ profile doesn't seem to blend with the other instruments in the intro, and it sounds kind of honky. Also, your orchestration is quite loud when it comes in. You have some compression pumping in the chorus and bridge. I hate to say it, but I think a total re-balance is in order. Pull all your faders back a bit, mono it, and balance it from there. Sorry to sound so negative, but I've been a fan of a lot of your mixes on here, and I just don't think it's up to your usual standards. Your Vox sounded nice though!

Cheers!
Draper
THanks, you're maybe right about it. I'll check if I have time to fix anthing.
I like your version olli ,a slight dip around 1-2k on the acoustics 1-2db might help sit better in the mix or maybe not ,just a thought while listening on ns10's which are very sensitive in that area Big Grin.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks, I'll try that. I agree that guitar is little honky.
I felt that the glockenspiel was poking up a bit much at times but other wise a very nice mix
Dude that was awesome. I could be wrong but perhaps a little reverb on the mix bus or 2 bus compression or something would glue the mix together a bit more.....maybe. I chose bass guitar over kick in that battle but after hearing your mix I am willing to admit I may have chosen wrong. A.W.E.S.O.M.E.
Really cool orchestra-oriented mix. Strings and harp are beautiful.
I missed some guitars, but maybe that's your conception.
CheersSmile
Thanks Konek,
I don't remember anything about this song and decisions what I made. But at least the acoustic guitar turn out to be a bit ugly in my treatment, thanks to Draper for pointing it out. Smile