Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Good Time Mix
Hi new to this . any feedback absolutely appreciated. Cheers

.mp3    Good Time Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 11.18 MB)

Damn solid mix, Wal. Powerful, exciting, well balanced, great depth. I would have been proud to have mixed this. The hiss at the end is a little distracting. Maybe fade your master track, or whatever track has the analog emulation on it. The only other thought i have is maaaaaaaaaaaaybe the vox are a little muddy, but I wouldn't cut too much of the low mid energy from it. So I am kind of waffling. If those are the only issues that I can find, I say kudos.

Great mix

Draper
Thanks for the feedback and the kind words Ioweche6 really appreciate it. I'm new to this game, been a muso all my life but hurt my back and now want to concentrate on this. turns out its harder than it looks :-) it's good to get some constructive feedback like this and I'll certainly be taking your comments on board. Cheers mate
Nothing I can find wrong with this mix. Nice job. Can I ask what DAW you used and your speakers?
Sorry to hear about your back. Been there, brother.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Fantastic mix, everything is tight, punchy, and warm. The vocals seem to have a lot of compression on them (what plugin did you use) which become really apparent when he starts digging in in the pre choruses, it's a cool effect but it would work better if you blended it in with a more conservatively processed track of the vocals. That really is the only thing that comes to mind when I listen to the track, great job Smile
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
Hey thanks guys for the feedback, appreciate you taking the time to respond. Mixinthecloud I use Logic ProX mate and have some Yamaha HS80M monitors which are a recent hand me down from a close friend of mine who upgraded his monitors. Prior to that it was headphones.
dcp10200 I think ur right. When I look back over the mix I do have a bit of compression going on and probably been a little too heavy handed. Got an RVOX and CLA -2A on them plus a touch of compression again on the mix bus. The RVOX is hitting pretty hard so I think I will back that off a bit.
Cheers and thanks again for the feedback. All gratefully accepted Smile
Hey Wal.I like your mix ,It Sounds well balanced and love I the vocal effects, the HS80M are a great monitors, I'm listening on their old cousins Ns10's with a sub at the moment ,as a personal preference I would like to hear a touch more punch out of the Bass and kick maybe less just compression your mix Would sound perfect to me anyway.
I need to do another remix ,as this was one of my early mixes which i went way too wide after many years of live mixing trying to get a big live sound Big Grin !
Cheers
Don

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hey thanks again Don for the comment and feedback. Yeah the Yamaha's are a good solid monitor. I was lucky to get them. Would love to hear your remix mate I'll keep an eye on the Good Times thread. Cheers Don