Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rod Alexander "Tears in the rain - TSTmix
Rod Alexander "Tears in the rain.
Mixed by TST Studio on Logic Pro X.

Really a great song! Thanks for share it with us!

Tom.

.mp3    Rod Alexander - Tears In The Rain - TSTmix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.86 MB)

Hi enjoyed listening to your mix. I think the bassDI track is a bit tubby in the lo and mid lo frequencies and muddying things up a bit but otherwise niceSmile
(01-09-2015, 03:53 PM)Nos Wrote: Hi enjoyed listening to your mix. I think the bassDI track is a bit tubby in the lo and mid lo frequencies and muddying things up a bit but otherwise niceSmile

Strange in Both my headphones and monitors the base is very tight.
So I don't know what to do :-(

But happy you like the rest :-)
This mix is good, but it sort of sounds a bit dull due to the heavy bass and the missing high frequencies in some of the instruments. I dont see much issues apart from that, basically a good job you did.
(14-11-2015, 08:49 PM)NicolasSchade Wrote: This mix is good, but it sort of sounds a bit dull due to the heavy bass and the missing high frequencies in some of the instruments. I dont see much issues apart from that, basically a good job you did.

Thanks!
Well I don't have a real Studio, and obviously not the sound treatment that needed, and not the worlds best monitors, Prodipe5, ProAc audiophile speakers, Sony Sound Ramp and SH HD598 headphones.
And the bass sounds great in all these speakers. So I do not really know what to do,
I try to bring it down a bit and EQ it different but did not sound better
more thin, I did not like, so I'm back to this mix...
But I think it will be enough for my taste anyway. BUT Maybe I gone mix this in another DAW Harrison Mixbus, that maybe do the trick, we see :-)

Thanks for listening!

DAW Harrison Mixbus 32c, Mac Mini M1, Tube HP Amp & Topping 10s DAC, OLLO S4X headphone
You might want to try a high pass filter set between 30hz and 100hz depending upon the track. See where that leads you. There are a lot of low frequencies across most of the tracks.

For the bass you might consider setting a HPF at 30hz, boosting around 87hz around 12db, cutting 6db out of 130hz, and then boost a little bit at 1000hz. Let the rest of the frequencies roll off above 3500hz. That might give you a bit more bite than you are looking for but you can tame that down by playing with the EQ.

You might consider adding a bit more presence to your master buss by adding 3 or 4db of 5k and 1 to 3db of 12k.

You have a lot of nice stuff happening in the mix.
(25-11-2015, 07:42 AM)hurling Wrote: You might want to try a high pass filter set between 30hz and 100hz depending upon the track. See where that leads you. There are a lot of low frequencies across most of the tracks.

For the bass you might consider setting a HPF at 30hz, boosting around 87hz around 12db, cutting 6db out of 130hz, and then boost a little bit at 1000hz. Let the rest of the frequencies roll off above 3500hz. That might give you a bit more bite than you are looking for but you can tame that down by playing with the EQ.

You might consider adding a bit more presence to your master buss by adding 3 or 4db of 5k and 1 to 3db of 12k.

You have a lot of nice stuff happening in the mix.

Thanks for the nice feedback! this is what I need to hear :-)
But this mix is long past, I even change from LPX to Harrison Mixbus3
and all mix is sounding a lot better now, maybe I remix this one in Mixbus, we see.

Tom.
DAW Harrison Mixbus 32c, Mac Mini M1, Tube HP Amp & Topping 10s DAC, OLLO S4X headphone
I did a new mix in Harrison Mixbus
Take a listening and tell what you think.

Thanks

.mp3    RodAlexander_TearsInTheRain - TSTmix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.25 MB)

It feels like this one has a bit more limiting or compression across the track than your first one. The drums sit in a nice grove with the bass which seems to have better definition than the first mix.

The Harrison mixbus looks interesting.

You handled the outro really well.

Nice mix.
(26-11-2015, 06:17 AM)hurling Wrote: It feels like this one has a bit more limiting or compression across the track than your first one. The drums sit in a nice grove with the bass which seems to have better definition than the first mix.

The Harrison mixbus looks interesting.

You handled the outro really well.

Nice mix.

Thanks! Every thing change, when I switch over to Mixbus
This is mixed under one hour, and only use 3 plugins,Reverb Delay and a drum plug.
The rest, Compressor, EQ, Limiter, Gain. etc. is all on the channel strip already. And the sound......Love the sound of it, so easy to make a vocal sound really good. You should look at it for sure. :-)