Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James May - Hold On You kapu mix
Something fishy going on with at least the original snare track. It sounds like it's a sum two (upper and lower) mics and at some points the upper mic disappears from the signal or something.

.m4a    james_may_-_hold_on_you_kapu_mix.m4a --  (Download: 7.91 MB)

Hey Kapu. Really like the intro and the fact you've got some body into the snare...yeah, that snare was tricky to make sense of. Maybe the vox is bit too wet ....it was a real surprise when it came in ....seems to exist in a slightly different space compared to rest of the arrangement.

The more I listen to the mix the more I like the instruments...and the more I'm not getting the vox....anyway its only my own preferences....you do what you think is best.

Cheers, Simon
(17-08-2015, 09:11 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Hey Kapu. Really like the intro and the fact you've got some body into the snare...yeah, that snare was tricky to make sense of. Maybe the vox is bit too wet ....it was a real surprise when it came in ....seems to exist in a slightly different space compared to rest of the arrangement.

The more I listen to the mix the more I like the instruments...and the more I'm not getting the vox....anyway its only my own preferences....you do what you think is best.

Cheers, Simon

Thanks for your feedback. I did some adjustments, and tried not to break it, but make it better.
I like this mix very much. Good idea to put acoustic guitar in the middle.
I agree with HbGuitar that vox feels a little too wet.
(17-08-2015, 05:07 AM)kapu Wrote: Something fishy going on with at least the original snare track. It sounds like it's a sum two (upper and lower) mics and at some points the upper mic disappears from the signal or something.

I like the ele gtr's reverb on the right, opposite to the source
Well done
(26-08-2015, 10:12 AM)Olli H Wrote: I like this mix very much. Good idea to put acoustic guitar in the middle.
I agree with HbGuitar that vox feels a little too wet.

Thank you. It seems that I had chorus effect with 10% mix as first plugin on the lead vocal track, and it was hidden from view due to my laptops limited display resolution. It 'might' have had something to do with that weird wetness of the vocals. Propably did some Lennon-sound experimenting at the beginning. I removed it and also reduced the reverb again a few dBs.

(26-08-2015, 02:42 PM)DaveDaG Wrote: I like the ele gtr's reverb on the right, opposite to the source
Well done

Thanks. Apparently it works fine in this case.