Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never Stop_HB Mix
Reminded me of snow patrol mixed with a pinch of later years U2

.mp3    Never Stop_HB Mix 1.0 Master.mp3 --  (Download: 9.62 MB)

Hey Simon, nice mix. Esp like the energy you've given it, not just the choruses but the whole thing has been given a push. Difficult to do but you've managed it. tbh didn't like the snare at first but ended up thinking you made a good choice, think it helps with the energy thing. Nice work on the loops, nice and subtle and I assume you've narrowed them? Just coming to the end of my second listen, sounds great, and getting pretty epic by the end. And wish I'd balanced my vocs/bvs this well.
(17-08-2015, 06:28 AM)manuke Wrote: Hey Simon, nice mix. Esp like the energy you've given it, not just the choruses but the whole thing has been given a push. Difficult to do but you've managed it. tbh didn't like the snare at first but ended up thinking you made a good choice, think it helps with the energy thing. Nice work on the loops, nice and subtle and I assume you've narrowed them? Just coming to the end of my second listen, sounds great, and getting pretty epic by the end. And wish I'd balanced my vocs/bvs this well.
Hey manuke - thanks dude.....glad you liked it. I was about to post it up maybe a couple of weeks ago but forgot. Finally re-opened the session and made some extra tweaks to beaf it up and energise choruses etc...sometimes good to have a break
Hi HB l liked your mixing. bass volume is a bit low but everything else sounds good to me. Check out my interpretation too if you have time. mine is a little bassy but that is how I felt with the song. That is my own opinion anyway. Cheers !! nice mixing!!!
Vox is thin.
(06-12-2015, 10:20 AM)rhoi_evans Wrote: Hi HB l liked your mixing. bass volume is a bit low but everything else sounds good to me. Check out my interpretation too if you have time. mine is a little bassy but that is how I felt with the song. That is my own opinion anyway. Cheers !! nice mixing!!!

Thx for listening, cheers, Simon
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
(29-12-2015, 03:03 AM)Mike Caliri Wrote: Vox is thin.

Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

I wouldn't say the vox are thin so much as a little "poke-y" not looking at a spectrum analyzer, but it feels like somewhere around the 3k range. I remember having problems with the vox in mixing this.

It's not a bad mix by any stretch of the imagination. But there does seem to be a bit of a build up in the higher mids and low highs. Maybe mixed at too low of a volume?

All in all, nice work!

Draper
Hey Draper

i think that the 3Khz region can often be problematic and prone to harshness with digital recordings. I did set up some dynamic eq around 2500-3500hz to remove what i thought was the worst of it. Maybe it needs a tweak.