Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's brauerize this! My version of Iron Sheik
Fist off: I don't like the squashed original mix of Fab Dupont, so I went for a simple, organic mix.

The whole mix was done with Slate Plugins (VMR, VCC and VTM) and based on my own Brauerize-template (if you wanna know what I´m talking about check this https://brauerizing.wordpress.com/2014/0...-to-guide/). After mixing a couple of songs with this setup i really fell in love with the workflow. Of course you can't use it for very problematic tracks but with good material to start with it makes a lot of fun and sounds great from the moment you raise the faders.

Might be a little bit too early to load this up right after finishing the mix yesterday. Gonna check it again this week when the dust has settled and may do some little tweaks. Enjoy! =)

Edit: New and final mix with less boomy bass jumping around the lows. I´m not a mastering engineer so it's not the loudest mix on earth, but at least it has dynamics :-P

.mp3    Iron Sheik.mp3 --  (Download: 5.38 MB)

Hey !

Nice mix ! The only thing to me is that there is a bit too much very low ends coming from the bass.
There is kinda a wooommm permanently.

Otherwise it's nice Smile
You we're right - absolutely! Working on something else for the last couple of days and coming back to this mix with fresh ears I instantly fixed the boomy bass. That's the problem with listening to something over a long period of time - your ears start to betray you about what's really going on.

The Enhancer Hz-plugin from UAD was adding way too much harmonics so I decided to take it off completely. My Limiter FG-X was also adding to much OOOOMPH because I thought I had to bring back the dynamics that were lost when I boosted the mix by about 10 db to get it to commercial levels. The good thing is: There are no dynamics that are lost because the mix is sitting perfectly on the K-14-scale. So yeah, I just boosted it by 10 db so the limiter has at least a very tiny little bit of work to do and that's it.

I deleted the old mix and added the new one. have fun, good song, good recordings Smile
nice balance in the mix , I would have given a bit more compression on drums to make it more aggressive but it is my personal view. good job
thank you =)