Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burning Bridges: headphones mix with basic Logic plugins
Hi there,

New on this forum. I really loved this song so I decided to make an attempt while learning how to mix with logic Big Grin
Mix made with akg k240 mkII headphones, using only Logic Pro X integrated basic plugins. No sound replacement on drums.

I hope it could be of some interest for you.

Pasquale.

.mp3    logic_mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.67 MB)

cool mix. kick has too much oomph and it sounds like the limiter is pumping whenever the kick plays 16th/32th notes. I could complain about the usual stuff (didn't use the original mix as ref, small details that are missing/need to be fixed, muddy low mids) but this mix has enough raw energy to compensate the flaws
(13-08-2015, 04:05 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: cool mix. kick has too much oomph and it sounds like the limiter is pumping whenever the kick plays 16th/32th notes. I could complain about the usual stuff (didn't use the original mix as ref, small details that are missing/need to be fixed, muddy low mids) but this mix has enough raw energy to compensate the flaws

Thanks for your feedback. You are right, raw mix without attention to details. It was made with headphones, without being careful about polishing up, good plugins ecc...about low mids I don't know because of my monitoring system