Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jules King,Never Stop.mix 3
Hi!
Great mix! Really diggin it. The frequency ballance is really nice and I like the effects Smile
If i could suggest a few little things:

1. The vocals and bass are a it too loud like -2 dB should do it. It doesn't pop up too much on speakers but a lot on headphones. A good way to avoid such problems is to listen to the mix at really little volume on headphones and focus on what pops out (remember that the bass should be really less noticeable when the wolume is low due to how our ears perceive quiet low frequencies).
2. I don't know if you did it already but I would apply a bit of compression on the master bus. It's a common practice for some mixers and I believe thet in this case it would glue the mix pretty well. If you don't like this concept group the tracks and apply some compression on the groups.
3. Volume automation - the chorus cryies for a volume boost Big Grin
Also consider adding some more pan widening at the chorus. It could be done by automating the fader (it sounds nice on the overheads) or sometimes a good practice is to wide only some instruments like guitars and organs and automate the dry/wet parameter.
Also you could try to add some fancy effect on the vocals on the chorus just to make them more interestion. An additional squashed vocals track with a high amount of autotune somewhere in the background should do the trick Smile

Yet this mix is really good and all those little suggestions can help but there are not ground shaking, but rater small ideas that can be applied inyour future mixes.

Keep up the great work!
Cheers!
Love for music in the world devoid of feelings.
https://www.youtube.com/user/exotrio
Cheers mixingafterhours.