Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Java Jive Sessions - TSTmix
Lovely song! Here is my take on this nice track!
Mixed in Studio One v3 :-)

Tom.

Nr.1 128KB/s
Nr.2 320 KB/S

.mp3    Java Jive Sessions - TSTmix(2).mp3 --  (Download: 6.81 MB)

.mp3    Java Jive Sessions - TSTmix.mp3 --  (Download: 17.02 MB)

(20-07-2015, 07:26 AM)TST Studio Wrote: Sad! only in 128KB/s to make it play on this site

That's strange, I routinely upload 320 Kbps/vbr on this site. It's a pity because there some more I would hear of this mix and compression /lower quality is audible.
I'll keep comments for next upload attempt :-)
Cheers
"... I'm listening. Yes."
from Switzerland
(21-07-2015, 10:03 PM)Lammy Wrote:
(20-07-2015, 07:26 AM)TST Studio Wrote: Sad! only in 128KB/s to make it play on this site

That's strange, I routinely upload 320 Kbps/vbr on this site. It's a pity because there some more I would hear of this mix and compression /lower quality is audible.
I'll keep comments for next upload attempt :-)
Cheers

Strange NOW it work to upload in 320, first time it wont play at al
Well Computers.lol Take a listening and tell me what you think :-)
Commenting the 320kbps version.
The quality of the file is there, although I believe that there's nearly constant excessive saturation from the bass and most instruments in several passages.
You may have pushed the cursors too high to fit it to 0 dB.
If it is the case that after the mix you get a constant +6db on the master buss (I am just guessing), there's not much use into limiting the master, since the limiter (maybe with analog emu) is adding a great deal of saturation all over. The dynamic range gets sqashed.
If I got the case right, I would review the gain structure so to get a -1 to -3 db on the master buss and then work with the limiter UPWARDS in the limiting/master comp stage.

It's a pity because the instruments I hear are - as far I can guess with my desaturation ear filter ;-) - pretty good. But I can't tell you more.
hope this helps.

from Switzerland
(06-10-2015, 09:54 PM)Lammy Wrote: Commenting the 320kbps version.
The quality of the file is there, although I believe that there's nearly constant excessive saturation from the bass and most instruments in several passages.
You may have pushed the cursors too high to fit it to 0 dB.
If it is the case that after the mix you get a constant +6db on the master buss (I am just guessing), there's not much use into limiting the master, since the limiter (maybe with analog emu) is adding a great deal of saturation all over. The dynamic range gets sqashed.
If I got the case right, I would review the gain structure so to get a -1 to -3 db on the master buss and then work with the limiter UPWARDS in the limiting/master comp stage.

It's a pity because the instruments I hear are - as far I can guess with my desaturation ear filter ;-) - pretty good. But I can't tell you more.
hope this helps.

This is not good, it don't sound crappy like this, when I play the mp3 on my computer, something must happen in the upload :-( I don't normally mix anything to hot, I know very well about that problem with clipping.
And now it is to late to fix anyway I start use Harrison Mixbus so LPX and S1v3 is out. and I don't have the track anymore.

BUT if you put the volume to the right on half it sound a lot better :-)
DAW Harrison Mixbus 32c, Mac Mini M1, Tube HP Amp & Topping 10s DAC, OLLO S4X headphone
(07-10-2015, 01:17 AM)TST Studio Wrote: This is not good, it don't sound crappy like this, when I play the mp3 on my computer, something must happen in the upload :-( I don't normally mix anything to hot, I know very well about that problem with clipping.
And now it is to late to fix anyway I start use Harrison Mixbus so LPX and S1v3 is out. and I don't have the track anymore.

BUT if you put the volume to the right on half it sound a lot better :-)
I am glad the lecture in basic gain-structure was not needed Smile.
I'll play around with volume with more time later on.
Cheers
from Switzerland