Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Never Stop" Jules King
Here's my mix. LCR panning, mixed in mono. Thanks for listening.

Cheers.

.mp3    Never Stop Jules King Dangerous style.mp3 --  (Download: 9.54 MB)

Hi DaveSmile
I liked your panning, nice balance and EQ. Fascinating listening.
Interesting point about the location of bass in the mixCool
Cheers!
(19-07-2015, 02:59 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Here's my mix. LCR panning, mixed in mono. Thanks for listening.

Cheers.

Excellent idea going LCR with so many percussive sounds. Its a great tip I will use in the future for similar tracks. I love the play with the voices in "to the stars" part. The other thing I found excellent its the compression and containment of the lead voice, any specific compressor setting or it was automating? Great mix!!!
(17-10-2016, 09:22 AM)Konek Wrote: Hi DaveSmile
I liked your panning, nice balance and EQ. Fascinating listening.
Interesting point about the location of bass in the mixCool
Cheers!

Hi Konek,

Thanks for finding this one and dusting it off. I thought it had disappeared into the abyss forever. I think from memory that this is the only LCR mix that I have ever done. I could be wrong thoughHuh

Thanks for listening
(18-10-2016, 07:15 AM)javierpg84 Wrote:
(19-07-2015, 02:59 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Here's my mix. LCR panning, mixed in mono. Thanks for listening.

Cheers.

Excellent idea going LCR with so many percussive sounds. Its a great tip I will use in the future for similar tracks. I love the play with the voices in "to the stars" part. The other thing I found excellent its the compression and containment of the lead voice, any specific compressor setting or it was automating? Great mix!!!

Thanks for checking it out. LCR panning isn't my normal thing to do, but I think you are right. With certain arrangements and songs like these, it works well.

As for the vocal control, from memory I used Reapers Reacomp with fairly standard settings. I tend to stack compressors with lighter gain reduction rather than one compressor hitting the vocal hard. I tend to treat the peaks and then the body of the sound with a different compressor. With this particular song, I also did a lot of syllable automation at the end just as a final measure to make the vocal clear and controlled. There's alway's a vocal part somewhere that's too quiet or loud that requires some manual correction.

Thanks for the commentsBig Grin

Dave