Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moosmusic,BIG Dummy Shake mix updated
Hi mixing engineers enjoyed this challenge,hope you guys like it and please leave honest reviews.

.mp3    Moosmusic, Big dummy shake.mp3 --  (Download: 7.48 MB)

Any one?
Cool version ,I like your effects and balance !
I like the big electric guitar in the intro,Maybe bring it down a couple of db and little taming of the 3-4k to give the vocals some space as is overpowering the mix when the vocals and bass come in.
Have a play around with Some eq of the low guitar frequencies around 90-200 as could be clashing with the bass it's a fine balance as your intro will not sound as big .
Just some thoughts while listening
Good job !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thank thedon for your comments its good to get a second pair of ears on a mix,and once i made the adjustments i totally agreed with you,thanks again and let me know what you think.

.mp3    Moosmusic,BIG Dummy shake mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.47 MB)

Sounding better,the electric that comes in 0.34,0.47,1.15.2.24 Ect is a little jumping out and a little ,maybe also just needs some eq in the lower frequencies ?

Good Job Big Grin

HI Once again i have made the adjustments so that the guitars aint jumping out Smile howzat???.

.mp3    Moosmusic,BIG Dummy shake mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.48 MB)

(21-07-2015, 04:24 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: HI Once again i have made the adjustments so that the guitars aint jumping out Smile howzat???.

Thats Better good work ,I'm Happier now lol Big Grin

Cheers

Thanks you for your time.
Hi!
Gotta say that you've did a lot of good work with this mix and it was near perfect, but the are 3 things that got my attention when listening.

1. Nicely that you've promoted the guitars, they are the heart of the song next to the vocals, but I think you've overdid it a bit with the loudness and the amount of boost for the high frequencies. I often do the same mistake (guitaris duh!) and after my lastes recording I finally realized that boosting stuff around 4 - 5 kHz is not the best idea because it make the guitars hash and washes with the symbols. Pull down the volume 1 - 2 db and avoid such super boost on the high end (there can be one but not so prominent). If you miss the sparcle consider boosting the 2.5 kHz area or just let the drums overheads takeover the high tones.
2. Promoting the guitars lead to quite noticeable masking of the drums. I cannot hear the snare well (only the high tsss after the hit) its massivnes is gone just like the kick Sad
This song is quite muffled when it comes to the recording so boosting the highs is absoolutely necessary but I think you've overdid it a bit. It's nice and brings emotion but also gives side effects like masking the vocals and overheads. Think about which isntrument should takeover with frequency section the most and try to build your mix around that decision. If you boots every high end on each track everything will sound muddy in it's upper frequencies. It's the same as some problems with the low en but you just have to learn how to hear it. I've learn to hear it because of my not so good mixes Big Grin
3. Effects and automation. This song is well recorded and arranged but a bit of automatuion could bring it to another level. Also I think you could automate the effects a bit. Listen to the version provided on the main page (especially to the full multitrack version because the edited version is a bit too bright IMO). Please focus on the effects automation and the way they create passages between each section of the song and how they add that really sweet taste to the whole song Smile

Hope you'll get something out of this even if not in this current mix (becasue you've already mixed it 3 times the 4th would be a little bit frustrating) but in your futher ones.

Good luck and cheers! Smile
Love for music in the world devoid of feelings.
https://www.youtube.com/user/exotrio
Hi patrick wow!!! I agree with your comments I always try to stay away from the original mix on the site, if anything I will listen less as possible, iam trying to be original Smileor else most mixers will sound too similar, thanks again for your review, cheers.