Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IT‘s a difficult song
Guitars and drums very complicated.
drums group is so many. this song is so nice,but also difficult for me.
Hope for your advice! Big Grin

.mp3    black out betty.mp3 --  (Download: 2.97 MB)

The high hat is very hf and snare etc and there is a lot of backround noise on track that need cleaning up
as you can hear some before the track starts so it would be an idea to solo every track to find the noise.
The whole high end stuff sounds very distant.Maybe the overheads or room mics are very high and it also might
be worth looking at a gate on the snare to try to cut some high end hat over spill.
Ive not done this track so i dont know for sure but it might be worth looking at some of the things i have said.
(21-03-2013, 11:34 PM)takka360 Wrote: The high hat is very hf and snare etc and there is a lot of backround noise on track that need cleaning up
as you can hear some before the track starts so it would be an idea to solo every track to find the noise.
The whole high end stuff sounds very distant.Maybe the overheads or room mics are very high and it also might
be worth looking at a gate on the snare to try to cut some high end hat over spill.
Ive not done this track so i dont know for sure but it might be worth looking at some of the things i have said.this is my fixed version.

thanks for your advice,im trying to make it better!

.mp3    black out betty(fixed).mp3 --  (Download: 2.92 MB)

Hi!

My two cents, in addition to what Creyicd wrote... This original lead vocal track has lots of background noise and hiss. You've heavily compressed the lead vocal, so all this dirt is listenable. You could try to reduce some compressor's settings, it would clean and improve your mix a lot.
(21-03-2013, 11:34 PM)takka360 Wrote: The high hat is very hf and snare etc and there is a lot of backround noise on track that need cleaning up
Ive not done this track so i dont know for sure but it might be worth looking at some of the things i have said.
this is my fixed version.

(26-03-2013, 07:45 PM)Valladares Wrote: Hi!

My two cents, in addition to what Creyicd wrote... This original lead vocal track has lots of background noise and hiss. You've heavily compressed the lead vocal, so all this dirt is listenable. You could try to reduce some compressor's settings, it would clean and improve your mix a lot.

this is my fised version~

.mp3    black out betty(fixed+mastering)-01.mp3 --  (Download: 2.93 MB)