Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Enemies (dzernial mix)
First time mixing a session this size, I'm actually studying audio engineering in college. I have worked with a couple of bands but none of them had this many tracks. I cut out all except for one mic on both the kick and snare, then used Trigger to get the sounds out of them I wanted. also used Subdestroyer to add a couple of "bass drops" for some extra punch in spots. Used a combination of Amplitube and Toneforge Menace for the reamping of the DI tracks, and used a hint of Steven Slate's Virtual Mix Rack on most of the tracks. Everything was done in Pro Tools, no outboard gear was used. Also i used the whisper part at 1:37 as almost an echo of the lead vocals.

Give me your opinions guys! Id love to get some critiques!

.mp3    Dead Enemies Final Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 13.85 MB)

I noticed after listening to it again there is a little nasty digital clipping. will post again once i fix it.
(16-07-2015, 06:46 AM)dzernial Wrote: First time mixing a session this size, I'm actually studying audio engineering in college. I have worked with a couple of bands but none of them had this many tracks. I cut out all except for one mic on both the kick and snare, then used Trigger to get the sounds out of them I wanted. also used Subdestroyer to add a couple of "bass drops" for some extra punch in spots. Used a combination of Amplitube and Toneforge Menace for the reamping of the DI tracks, and used a hint of Steven Slate's Virtual Mix Rack on most of the tracks. Everything was done in Pro Tools, no outboard gear was used. Also i used the whisper part at 1:37 as almost an echo of the lead vocals.

Great job very good take on the song although the levels need to be adjusted and mabye a multiband compressor out on it is a very good mix!

.mp3    DarkRide_DeadEnemies Rough Mix .mp3 --  (Download: 13.98 MB)

(25-08-2015, 02:44 AM)andrew0v Wrote:
(16-07-2015, 06:46 AM)dzernial Wrote: First time mixing a session this size, I'm actually studying audio engineering in college. I have worked with a couple of bands but none of them had this many tracks. I cut out all except for one mic on both the kick and snare, then used Trigger to get the sounds out of them I wanted. also used Subdestroyer to add a couple of "bass drops" for some extra punch in spots. Used a combination of Amplitube and Toneforge Menace for the reamping of the DI tracks, and used a hint of Steven Slate's Virtual Mix Rack on most of the tracks. Everything was done in Pro Tools, no outboard gear was used. Also i used the whisper part at 1:37 as almost an echo of the lead vocals.

Great job very good take on the song although the levels need to be adjusted and mabye a multiband compressor out on it is a very good mix!

For the main guitar part and drum tracks id go for something like this with more grit like i said a multiband compressor on guitar would really help also use cla by waves on the bass