Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piece of Me mix
Just did mixed this as my second song ever so I'm looking for some feedback and tips on what I can do to make it better!

.mp3    DarkRide_PieceOfMeMix_3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.35 MB)

Hello Travis,

congratulations for your second mix - you should delete it right now. Did you even listen to the original? Because if you did, you MUST have noticed that the original song plays at HALF THE SPEED. So you made three big mistakes even before starting to mix:

- not listening to other mixes of this song
- not using a reference mix while mixing
- not converting the original tracks or match your project settings accordingly

Before you ask: Something went HORRIBLY wrong with the import of the tracks. The tracks are 44,1 khz and 24 bit so you can't import them into a project with 48khz or higher without CONVERTING the tracks. check this link: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US...g/en326871

"This is most commonly caused by creating the session at the incorrect sample rate - for example, creating a session at 44.1k and then transferring tracks in digitally from a device set to 48k. The problem with this is that the audio files have been 'tagged' at the incorrect sample rate. In the example above the audio files are 48k (and all the samples get captured), but they are tagged at 44.1k. When you are no longer clocked to the digital source (by turning it off or switching Pro Tools back to 'internal' clock) the files will play back at the incorrect speed (sample rate)."

Just mix at 44,1 khz and 24 bit and don't use fancy project settings if you don't know what you are doing. All the files on this website are presented at 44,1 KHz and 24 bit.

As a second you should ALWAYS use a reference mix. by comparing your mix with a refrence track you will automatically hear whats wrong with your mix. http://therecordingrevolution.com/2014/0...cks-video/

you can thank me later. good luck.