Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Long Wait - Drag
Hi guys,

This is my attempt on mixing Drag. Let me know what you think about it.
I heard other members mixes and read the feedback. This helped me a lot in achieving this mix. Curiously, unlike some of you I struggled a much more on the drums and found the vocals quite nice to mix.

PS: If there is a place to introduce myself on this forum please let me know, i could not find it. If not I'll do it in this thread Big Grin

.mp3    The Long Wait - Drag v2.mp3 --  (Download: 13.89 MB)

Hi Chokotoff!

As far as I know, there is no official spot to introduce yourself, so this thread is as good as any! I like your vocal tone, and and your acoustic tone. To me, your electric, is a little too in your face. My biggest criticism is your center channel sounding empty and thin. Your soundscape feels odd to me, and I don't know why. It almost feels like a 2d wall style of a mix, rather than a 3d space. Maybe someone can really suss out what I am talking about. I hear your panning. . . but your depth feels really odd.

Oh, and you left the Galoof of an engineer barging in right at the end of the vocal track (apologies to the Galoof of which I speak, if you're part of this forum. I have held that role many a time) Maybe edit that out?

Nice job on your tones, though. Try mixing in mono for the most part, and see if you can achieve depth in a mono mix. It will make a HUGE difference in your stereo track if you can achieve something really good on your mono mix!

Happy Mixing!

Draper!

(btw, just as a PSA, the way to get comments on your threads is to comment of other people's mixes. I'm just a rogue that likes commenting on tracks)