Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayfaring Stranger - first hello!
Hello Sound lovers!

I'm taking a chance to say thanks for creators of the website and forum - that it's free and contains great library, I'm really glad I can post my work in here, and simply have a real opportunity to learn and develop my workshop. Big big thanks (as well for the users, as reading opinions is also very inspiring and ear-opening).

I took that piece as my first try, and I did it basically because of two reasons - first I love the song (especially in the Jamie Woon's version), so I wanted to hear it in another light, and because it's jazzy - which I guess it's one of my 'closest to heart' genre.

I allow myself to put two versions - first without any master effects, and the second with slight room reverberation (as I read some topics and took into consideration somebody's advice)

I would be glad for any advice, critics or overall impressions : )

I guess it's enough talking, thank you for listening (and I hope you enjoyed a bit!)

.mp3    wayfaring stranger.mp3 --  (Download: 4.66 MB)

.mp3    wayfaring_stranger_rev.mp3 --  (Download: 4.65 MB)

(13-07-2015, 10:47 PM)Kati Wrote: Hello Sound lovers!

I'm taking a chance to say thanks for creators of the website and forum - that it's free and contains great library, I'm really glad I can post my work in here, and simply have a real opportunity to learn and develop my workshop. Big big thanks (as well for the users, as reading opinions is also very inspiring and ear-opening).

I took that piece as my first try, and I did it basically because of two reasons - first I love the song (especially in the Jamie Woon's version), so I wanted to hear it in another light, and because it's jazzy - which I guess it's one of my 'closest to heart' genre.

I allow myself to put two versions - first without any master effects, and the second with slight room reverberation (as I read some topics and took into consideration somebody's advice)

I would be glad for any advice, critics or overall impressions : )

I guess it's enough talking, thank you for listening (and I hope you enjoyed a bit!)

I prefer the first, the dry version
Try high cut on the reverb return track on the 2nd for a more natural ambience (and a bit less in volume)
Thank you for your feedback, Dave!

I took a break from that piece and today I've made a quick mix, from different angle, this time mixed fully on Genelec speakers. I think that now it's more appropriate, in a jazzy intimate style. Looking forward to hear which perspective is better!

.mp3    wayfaring_stranger_4h.mp3 --  (Download: 11.72 MB)