Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Ultra Violet Apology - Mastered
Mixed in Propellerhead Reason 8.3. Mastered in Reason 8 and edited Adobe Audition CS6. I applied light EQ and gain/compression on the master bus in Reason and then applied additional limiting and normalization in Audition, as well as trimming the ends with fades.

After listening to it a few times I could probably stand to adjust the vocal faders a bit more, but I figured I'd get some critical feedback first. I'm quite proud of how this mix turned out. It was especially fun playing with the guitar layers and adding effects. The compressors and EQs on the SSL emulator in Reason do wonders with just minor tweaks.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

EDIT: uploaded new mix/master based on thedon's suggestions along with some tweaks to the guitars and vocals to balance things out.

.mp3    Ultraviolet-MixPlus4-AuditionEdit.mp3 --  (Download: 10.29 MB)

.mp3    Ultraviolet-MixPlus6-AuditionEdit.mp3 --  (Download: 7.79 MB)

Mixing, mastering, studio engineering - chitownaudio.com
I enjoyed listening to your mix ,sounds great just one thought while listening ,maybe a touch more top end smack on the snare like a around 2k shelf boost and a little more de-ess on the vocals would sound awesome Big Grin.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(13-07-2015, 09:54 AM)thedon Wrote: I enjoyed listening to your mix ,sounds great just one thought while listening ,maybe a touch more top end smack on the snare like a around 2k shelf boost and a little more de-ess on the vocals would sound awesome Big Grin.

Good call on the snare, I boosted everything above 2k to give it more snap and air. I also went harder on the de-essing. Thanks for the suggestions.
Mixing, mastering, studio engineering - chitownaudio.com
Wow that was quick good job Big Grin.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts