Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back Room in Tulsa (WTF HAPPENED TO MY DRUMS?!?!?!?!?!)
So, I just bought Mixbus 3, so I was playing with mixing. I did very little editing on the drums, just cleared some silence and the sort. I bounced my mix, closed mix bus, opened it in reaper to Master it. As i listen to it, there is a room mic or something shifted about by about a measure. . . which kinda works sometimes, but most of the time it just makes the timing in the beginning feel really REALLY sloppy. I was a little peeved as you might understand (how did I miss that before I bounced? Or did I accidentally shift it with a key stroke or something, I dunno), but I decided to go back and fix it (shouldn't take long, right?). Go to open my track, and now any time I try to play my mix, or even just move the cursor, it freezes up. I love the tones that I got, so i am going to put this up here, but know that I am fully aware of the cluster eff that is the drum track.

I could totally hear a giant Tom Waits vibe (especially Mule variations, reminds me a decent amount of Chocolate Jesus). So, I tried to make it gritty and full, and nasty, but clear. I think I made some bold choices in regards to the guitar and piano at times.

Thanks for listening, and let this be a lesson to you kids. ALWAYS listen to your mix bounce before you close your session, just in case there is something screwy that you have to take care of. . .

Draper

.mp3    Back room in Tulsa master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.63 MB)

What happened to your drums, I think excep the long predelay on reverb, maybe you messed with actual delay and got it wrong, or something else. Put the version 2. I think that there will be no problem at all with drums. I mix this way. 1st Drums, than I add bass, than gtrs, organ, strings, than backing vox and the main vocal I put in last. Maybe this helps, or maybe not but...
So I was able to get mixbus working long to see that both my mono room mics had gotten shifted ahead by a measure. Oops. Still can't mix on it, it crashes every time I try and even just move the playhead. I'm just gonna wait to fix the song when mixbus is all sorted out.