Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Dead Enemies
Final Mix

.mp3    1042.mp3 --  (Download: 7.86 MB)

What did you do to the drums!!! Not good at all!!!
(24-08-2015, 09:26 PM)andrewswagginz :) Wrote: What did you do to the drums!!! Not good at all!!!

f****d em up. and to be honest, with snares i have no idea how to achieve the sound i want, especially one micd 3 places, single mic not as bad. i dont have any recording experience so i dont know what or how to get what im looking for. the kick i thought was ok, thought.... im going for a "the grey chapter" and death punch mix on the kick. gray chapter kicks are amazing with i could talk to slipknots engineer. toms were big and boomy on purpose, should have automated better cuz they would sound especially good in certain places. overheads, room, hats and crashes, well i need to sit down with somebody and be shown, cant get it. ive read so many articles, so many on drums, but compression settings suggested just dont seem to work everywhere, and there are a lot of suggestions. what im trying to get at is i dont understand how to achieve the sound im looking for, i dont know what im supposed to be listening for. eq isnt to big of an obstacle on drums for me, just gotta learn how to tame my uppermids and highs better, always bright. anyway drums are the hardest for me and im guessing it reflects it, theres alot of effort that went into that mix, BUT HOPEFULLY i can get some good information from some of you guys. hint hint. i know my mixes arent great i post the comments i do so maybe some critical dick would tell what im doin wrong, i dont get mad, i get better. not lookn for adaboyz, looking for solutions to my problem areas.
(24-08-2015, 10:20 PM)Debellatoris Wrote:
(24-08-2015, 09:26 PM)andrewswagginz :) Wrote: What did you do to the drums!!! Not good at all!!!

f****d em up. and to be honest, with snares i have no idea how to achieve the sound i want, especially one micd 3 places, single mic not as bad. i dont have any recording experience so i dont know what or how to get what im looking for. the kick i thought was ok, thought.... im going for a "the grey chapter" and death punch mix on the kick. gray chapter kicks are amazing with i could talk to slipknots engineer. toms were big and boomy on purpose, should have automated better cuz they would sound especially good in certain places. overheads, room, hats and crashes, well i need to sit down with somebody and be shown, cant get it. ive read so many articles, so many on drums, but compression settings suggested just dont seem to work everywhere, and there are a lot of suggestions. what im trying to get at is i dont understand how to achieve the sound im looking for, i dont know what im supposed to be listening for. eq isnt to big of an obstacle on drums for me, just gotta learn how to tame my uppermids and highs better, always bright. anyway drums are the hardest for me and im guessing it reflects it, theres alot of effort that went into that mix, BUT HOPEFULLY i can get some good information from some of you guys. hint hint. i know my mixes arent great i post the comments i do so maybe some critical dick would tell what im doin wrong, i dont get mad, i get better. not lookn for adaboyz, looking for solutions to my problem areas.

Well i think this mìx is good in vocals there really killer but the guitar and drums abd bass needs to be worked on id just dump all the eq on the drums and just turn tue shit out of them
(25-08-2015, 02:36 AM)andrew0v Wrote:
(24-08-2015, 10:20 PM)Debellatoris Wrote:

Well i think this mìx is good in vocals there really killer but the guitar and drums abd bass needs to be worked on id just dump all the eq on the drums and just turn tue shit out of them
It almost sounds like there's distortion on the drums mabye run them though a multiband compressor and turn the release down also the bass goood be mpre fuzzy and guitars more gritt and less highs
no actual distortion plugin on the drums , but they are the loudest tracks and i put a maximizer limiter on the master and it was taking about 4-5db out mainly on the snare and kick. mastering fuckn baffles me. i wonder if that mifht be distorting them. have to look into it. dude your eg are amazing, got any info you want to share?
[quote='Debellatoris' pid='36471' dateline='1440526525']
no actual distortion plugin on the drums , but they are the loudest tracks and i put a maximizer limiter on the master and it was taking about 4-5db out mainly on the snare and kick. mastering fuckn baffles me. i wonder if that mifht be distorting them. have to look into it. dude your eg are amazing, got any info you want to share?
[/q

the main thing that helps is using FL Studio which is THE BEST program for mixing heavy sounding guitar i mainly get my mixes the way they are because of how the bass is equed and distored to compliment the wide as fuck guitatrs I really like making them gritty with a bit of fuzz while keaping a very mid boosted sound to the I also pay a lot of attention snare drum and for making guitars wide make sure to E.Q. each side you pan differently make sure to put some limiters on the master track and mild eq boosts or cuts
Hello,

nice work bro , i made mix of this too if you want check it https://soundcloud.com/bruckyofficial/dead-enemies

and please tell me what you think about it