Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
"I'm Alright" Duguy's Mix
This is a song i mix some months ago and i decided to remis it today to see my progress.

Hope you'll enjoy, don't hesitate to comment.

.mp3    I am Allright Mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.87 MB)

Hi Duguy,

Here's my first impression...

- The drums are a bit muffled in the beginning. Seems to get better from the middle on to till the end. The cymbals seem fine. Not too bright, not too dull.

- The snare drum is a bit too forward. Maybe drop the volume and brighten it up a bit and it should sit in the song nicely.

- The percussion is mostly buried behind drums. The cowbell is the only thing that can be heard most of the time.

- I do like the use of echo at the end of the vocals (but it's a little too loud), I too used the same effect in my mix. Also, maybe add some of reverb to the vocals. Give them some space. Bring them alive.

YMMV

Over all nice mix.

jp
Hi Jr and thanks for your feedback.

The impression of "muffled" or that the snare is too loud depends a lot of with what you are referencing your mix.

Perhaps, i agree that the percussions are a little quiet and the last echo is a little bit loud. But be careful, on your version of this song, the percussions are at the same level than the vocals and seems too many compressed.

I will updload a new version of this mix soon.

Duguy.

(08-07-2015, 01:07 PM)Duguy Wrote: ... depends a lot of with what you are referencing your mix.

You have that correct. I'm still working on the room acoustics and the monitoring system.
Right now I'm mixing with a pair of AKG K240 headphones.
Not an excuse, just a fact. :-)
(08-07-2015, 08:53 PM)jp65535 Wrote:
(08-07-2015, 01:07 PM)Duguy Wrote: ... depends a lot of with what you are referencing your mix.

You have that correct. I'm still working on the room acoustics and the monitoring system.
Right now I'm mixing with a pair of AKG K240 headphones.
Not an excuse, just a fact. :-)
I only know beyerdynamic for the headphones.
Nice mix, Duguy. If I was to change anything it would probably be the snare. I sounds just a tad too far back in the mix for my taste.

I have experiment a litlle with saturation and transient designer. To make the shape of the drum it's really useful, i highly recommand this. Have a great listen.