Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaf,Summerghost updated mix
My mix of this track,a difficult one at that,all honest comments welcomeSmile.

.mp3    Leaf,summerghost UPDATE MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 8.39 MB)

Any comments?
Ok i thought i would do another mix of this track,was not happy with the first,any comments welcome,thank you.

.mp3    Leaf,summer ghost mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.36 MB)

I actually like the drums in your first track a little more. They have more power. The snare in the second mix seems oddly boxy and robotic. Your general balance is better in the second mix. Maybe try automating the roll a little more. Kind of like a Sforzando, and the crescendo towards the end. It'll help drive it a little bit. Try playing around with the verb setting for your snare as well. That might help a tad. 2 is getting better, but there are still some things that need to be addressed.

Good swing so far!

Draper
Hi Loweche6 thank you for your quick review and you were right about that snare it sounded like some one was strangling it,lol what was i thinking??? any way i have uploaded mix 3,iam sure you will let me know how it sounds,and anyone else for that matter,cheers.

.mp3    Leaf, summerghost, mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.41 MB)

MUCH MUCH MUCH better! That snare roll sounds so much more natural now. And your drums overall have much more energy. Really nice revision, Cudjoe.

Draper
Thanks very much loweche6 for your honesty, well appreciated, cheers.
Hi!
Great mix - love it! I'm a big fan of such music and this mix is really pleasing. I really like how you treated the guitars exposing the chorus and the emotions it carries Smile

Only two things got into my ears:
1. The male vocal is a bit two loud in comparision to the female one. I can hear that you've boosted it after the first mix version. A 1-2 dB less would be really nice to sick with the rest of the vocals.
2. Try to glue all the vocals more, there are too separated. Maybe you could send all of them to a bus track and compress them a bit together and add a bit (1-5%) mid sized reverb to glue them all together. Also up to 5% light chorus on all of the vocals could help since even guys from izotope suggest something like that Big Grin

Yet again a great mix! Nice to see you improving Smile
Cheers!
Love for music in the world devoid of feelings.
https://www.youtube.com/user/exotrio
Thanks iam taking it onboard.