Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Morning Sickness Modern and Classic Mixes
Hey there Smile Very interesting the 60s mix, so here are my thoughts and questions about it....

Drums! Obviously hahaha....(u didnt expect that uh? Tongue ) I wont say anything about the placement, dont worry. Still they sound louder than everything else, i've got the feeling that im listening to the song by the drummer. Also i kinda get that there's a bit of ambience on the right channel from the drums, I'd definetly enjoy more, like a room reverb panned to the right. I imagined this like listening to the band inside the recording studio with the drums on one side, guitar, keys on the other...singer in front...An so a room reverb, will help placing things, I'd expect some drums on my right ear being in the middle of this room..something like a short reverb, u know what i mean Tongue

Singer...It's buried in the middle, there are part where it's merely audible. As i said i got the feel that the drums are ur louder instrument and that helps a lot to steal the focus from what should be the main character in this play, the lady singing Tongue

Now, about the synths....My only question is...That bass synth...you have that in stereo...right? Or at least there's something that sound like that... so it's at the same time on the right side and as well on the left side with the drums...It feels weird to me as it screws up the image of where the instruments are positioned in my head....I'd understand if u'd like to go bass/drums on the left (i knoooow...as much as u can contain the low end just on one side of the stereo hehe) or dead in the middle...but at the same time left and right... :/ Maybe is not that, but there's something that gives me that feeling.

I liked ur mix, this are just questions that popped into my mind while listening to it, as it's not common to listen to this kind of mix Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Morning Sickness Modern and Classic Mixes - by Ak3r - 26-02-2016, 09:06 AM