Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preach Right Here Mix
I just completed my very first mix from this site. I am very new to mixing but have been learning quick.
I did my best to put myself in the mind frame of a mixing engineer and made decisions I felt made the song better.

I immediately removed all SFX, the Room drum track and backing vocals from the song. I felt these didn't fit so I removed them.

I messed around with all the drum tracks and was not happy with anything I was getting so I used the original tracks to trigger a Gretsch kit in Addictive Drums 2 to replace the kick, snare and toms. I then muted those original drum tracks. I did use the original Overheads track to get the hi hat and cymbals.

I removed all the hiss from the tracks where the instruments were not playing, edited the bass and acoustic guitars to tighten some timing issues. I also did a little pitch correction and some audio artifacts on the lead vocals. These edits helped clean things up quite a bit.

I then panned and set a rough volume level for each track. Then I addressed each track with EQ, Compression, Exciter, Transient Shaper and Limiter as needed. Delays and Reverbs were also used to sweeten things.

My DAW is Sonar Platinum and I use the Alloy 2 plugin from Izotope for a lot of mixing.
Please let me know what you think. I am always open to any advice an criticism.

Thanks for listening.

Let me know what you think

.mp3    Preach Right Here - Final Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 4.03 MB)