Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Femme Mix by Skifeet
Mostly used stock plugins in Logic Pro X.

Used the original guitar amped tracks and tweaked them a bit (Saturation/Distortion).

Don't have much of a studio anymore and missing allot of equipment.
But none the less had allot of fun mixing this on my harman/kardon soundsticks ii Wink.

Let me know what u guys think and what needs improvement.
Need some constructive criticism Smile

Regards Skifeet

.mp3    Femme Mix (Final Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 8.7 MB)

You got to believe in yourself before you can believe in anything else.
Cool mix, Skifeet. You took care of all the small details and the reward is a punchy, aggressive mix. Personally, the vocals could come up a bit. And I don't know if my Headphones are broken but do you automate the volume of the whole mix thoughout the song? It seemd like the song is getting louder, but I can't check it right now (I´m in the office)
Thx for your kind words!!

Nope no automation whatsoever ...
You got to believe in yourself before you can believe in anything else.
Nice mix, quite well balanced. Just the voice yep...maybe a little way too much on the back Smile . U could use some reverb for the drums of at least the snare...but it's just my personal taste Wink
Also i like how u didnt over eqd the low freq of the kick drums...wich a lot of ppl seems to have the idea that black metal should sound like that here (i mean with tons of low end on the kick...) hehehe Tongue
Love it, nice and clean. As others have said, bring up the vocal and push the air on it a bit, and try bussing the guitars to send and using some mid side processing to carve out some middle high mid range to bring them to carve out some room for the vocal.

The bass could also use some more low and mid range content so that the transients and bloom really pop and drive the track.

The drums could also use some transient processing to tighten them up and rally bring out the punch.

Otherwise its a solid mix with potential.

Good balance

vocal intelligibility is between 4khz and 8 khz accentuating these freqs will help the vox push towards the front and respectively attenuating these on other trks may make room for the vox too.

The drums need to sit in the mix more than they are, but it sounds pretty good but hey Im no expert.

Cheers.

My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1